Subject: [Autoconf] UBICOMM 2008 Call for Papers, September 29 - October 4, Valencia, Spain

From: Jaime Lloret Mauri <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2008 02:02:23 +0200

Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups the
following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific results.

Apologies for cross-postings.

==============  UBICOMM 2008 Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

UBICOMM 2008, The Second International Conference on Mobile Ubiquitous
Computing, Systems, Services and Technologies
September 29 - October 4, Valencia, Spain

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2008/UBICOMM08.html
Call  for Papers: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2008/CfPUBICOMM08.html

Important deadlines:

Submission deadline May 5, 2008
Notification June 15, 2008
Registration and camera ready July 20, 2008

Submissions will be peer-reviewed, published by IEEE CS Press, posted in IEEE
Digital Library, and indexed with the major indexes.

Extended versions of selected papers will be invited for specialized journals.

UBICOMM 2008 Special Area Tracks (details in the CfP on site):

Fundamentals

Semantics of ubiquity; Ubiquitous knowledge; Knowledge discovery mechanisms;
Profiling ubiquitous environments; Ubiquitous technologies for education,
learning, and training

Mobility

Ubiquitous computing; Wearable computing; Mobile computing; Nomadic computing;
Mobile commerce; Mobile learning

Information Ubiquity

Ubiquitous information appliances; Information retrieval and filtering; Context
awareness; Control of ubiquitous data; Data management and processing; Data
replication, migration and dissemination

Ubiquitous Multimedia Systems and Processing

Multimedia content recognition, indexing and search; Mobile graphics, games and
entertainment; Ubiquitous multimedia applications and systems; Streaming mobile
multimedia; Mobile media management; Multimedia ubiquitous platforms; Multimedia
Indexing and Compression; Image and Signal Processing; Virtual reality in
ubiquitous systems

Wireless Technologies

Bluetooth; 802.11.x; 802.15.x; ZigBee; WiMax

Web Services

Web 2.0; Semantic web; Web services; Ontology; Web Services evolution; Web
Services applications

Ubiquitous networks

Ubiquitous networks; Network management; Network performance evaluation;
Networks and technology convergence; Internet access in ubiquitous systems;
Ubiquitous mesh, ad hoc and sensor networks; RFID; Reconfigurability and
personalization of ubiquitous networks

Ubiquitous devices and operative systems

Design of devices for ubiquitous systems; Mobile devices; Wearable devices;
Embedded systems; Operative systems for ubiquitous devices; Real-time operating
systems and scheduling

Ubiquitous mobile services and protocols

Frameworks, architectures, and languages for ubiquitous services; Queries,
transactions and workflows in mobile and ubiquitous Networks; Algorithms for
ubiquitous systems; SLA/QoS in ubiquitous services; Ontology based services;
Location-based services; Protocols and interaction mechanisms for ubiquitous
services; Mobile services and service convergence; Service discovery
mechanisms; Tracking in ubiquitous environments; Measurement, control, and
management of ubiquitous services; Design and development of ubiquitous
services; Wireless/mobile service delivery

Ubiquitous software and security

Ambient components; Agent technologies; Software for spontaneous interoperation;
Dependability guarantees; Security; Key Management and Authentication; Trust;
Privacy; Fault-tolerance; Multimedia Information Security

Collaborative ubiquitous systems

Cooperative networks for ubiquitous systems; Cooperative applications for
ubiquitous networks; Handheld and wearable systems for interaction in
collaborative groups and communities; Ad hoc collaboration in ubiquitous
computing environments; Awareness of collaboration and of work environment;
Inherently mobile collaborative work

User and applications

Mobile user interfaces; Ubiquitous user-generated content (weblogs, wikis,
etc.); Mobile and ubiquitous computing support for collaborative learning; User
modeling and personalization; Context- and location-aware applications;
Toolkits, testbeds, development environments; Tools and techniques for
designing, implementing, & evaluating ubiquitous systems; Constructing,
deploying and prototyping of ubiquitous applications; Evaluation of user models
for ubiquitous environments; On-line analytical techniques; Human-computer
interaction in ubiquitous computing environments; Ubiquitous e-Development
(business, science, health, etc.); Case Studies; Emerging
industrial/business/scientific ubiquitous scenarios; Ambient intelligence;
Social issues and implications of ubiquitous system

================================

UBICOMM 2008 Chairs

General Chair
Jaime Lloret Mauri, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain

Program Committee Chairs
Narcís Cardona, Polytechnic University of Valencia, Spain
Kwang-Cheng Chen, Taiwan National University, Taiwan

Steering Committee Chair
Petre Dini, Cisco Systems, Inc. / Concordia University, Canada

===============================================

-- 

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf