Subject: [Autoconf] WG status

From: "Velt, R. (Ronald) in 't" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 14:19:36 +0200

Dear all,

Is the Autoconf WG dead or does it just smell that way? The meeting that
was scheduled for August 1 seems to have disappeared from the IETF-72
agenda. No reply from the WG chairs to Teco's inquiry on document
status. No response from the WG chairs to off-list email... What's going
on?

Regards,
Ronald in 't Velt
This e-mail and its contents are subject to the DISCLAIMER at http://www.tno.nl/disclaimer/email.html
_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

---

From: "Velt, R. (Ronald) in 't" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 22:02:49 +0200

Replying to my own message. Maybe I'm the sole remaining subscriber to
the list....

Found something:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg06321.html

Some words of explanation from someone in the know would be welcome.

Ronald 

________________________________

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Velt, R. (Ronald) in 't
	Sent: donderdag 24 juli 2008 14:20
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Autoconf] WG status

	Dear all, 

	Is the Autoconf WG dead or does it just smell that way? The
meeting that was scheduled for August 1 seems to have disappeared from
the IETF-72 agenda. No reply from the WG chairs to Teco's inquiry on
document status. No response from the WG chairs to off-list email...
What's going on?

	Regards, 
	Ronald in 't Velt

---

From: "Charles E. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 13:15:06 -0700

Hello Ronald,

You're not the only person on the list.  In fact, I think we have some
important things to discuss in the working group.  Maybe we should
at least have a bar-BOF even if there isn't a formal meeting scheduled.

Regards,
Charlie P.

---

From: "Velt, R. (Ronald) in 't" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 10:58:27 +0200

Hello Charlie,

Thanks very much for your reply! I agree that there are important
matters to discuss. Currently I am re-reading the 'link types'
discusssion. An Irish bar-BOF sounds like an excellent idea, for more
reasons than one. Should we be the only two persons to turn up, then I'm
buying :-)

Looking forward to seeing you in Dublin,
Ronald 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Charles E. Perkins [mailto:[email-masked]] 
>Sent: donderdag 24 juli 2008 22:15
>To: Velt, R. (Ronald) in 't
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [Autoconf] WG status
>
>
>Hello Ronald,
>
>You're not the only person on the list.  In fact, I think we 
>have some important things to discuss in the working group.  
>Maybe we should at least have a bar-BOF even if there isn't a 
>formal meeting scheduled.
>
>Regards,
>Charlie P.
>
>
>
>> 	Is the Autoconf WG dead or does it just smell that way? 
>The meeting 
>> that was scheduled for August 1 seems to have disappeared from the 
>> IETF-72 agenda. No reply from the WG chairs to Teco's inquiry on

---

From: Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:37:33 +0200

Hi all,

	I'd definitely join to a bar-BOF like meeting :-D

	Regards,

	Carlos

-- 
Carlos Jesús Bernardos Cano     http://www.netcoms.net
GPG FP: D29B 0A6A 639A A561 93CA  4D55 35DC BA4D D170 4F67
_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 13:41:26 +0100

The working group has not made a lot of progress since IETF-71. We are 
waiting on a new revision for -manetarch. The chairs and I talked about 
what the program for the meeting should be, and we did not come up with 
a lot of material. As a result, the chairs decided to cancel the meeting.

However, let me also state that I really want the WG to complete the 
architecture document. Not just for its own sake but also because I 
believe this document will be useful in getting the IP and ad hoc 
routing communities on the same page and discussing with the same terms. 
I believe we are close to completing this document, and we only need the 
final push. Not a trivial task, but please do not give up now.

With this in mind, I have asked the chairs to organize ad hoc meeting(s) 
to progress this and possibly the other documents. One goal that you 
could take for the week is to have a new version of -manetarch by the 
end of the week.

Regular WG meetings will continue in IETF-73 or whenever the WG has made 
enough progress.

Jari