Subject: [Autoconf] ACM MobiCom'08 Final Program + Hotel Deadline 8/23!

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 15:19:31 +0900

Hello all,

# Apologize if you receive multiple copies. Sorry for using MLs to  
distribute this.

We are pleased to announce the Final Program for ACM MobiCom’08. You  
can check it out here:
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~prs/Prel-Program-MobiCom08.htm .
It is also cut and pasted below.

Also, we would like to remind you that the hotel block for the  
conference will be released on August 23rd,only a few days away!
Check the sessions you would like to attend in the program, and make  
your hotel reservation at your earliest convenience to t
ake advantage of the heavily discounted registration rate ($169/night).

Hurry up with your hotel reservation: there are rooms still available  
on most nights at the discounted rate, but the hotel has sold out of
all the rooms reserved by the conference for the nights of Sunday Sept  
14th and Friday Sept 19th already!

You can find all the conference info here: http://www.sigmobile.org/mobicom/2008/index.html

Looking forward to seeing you for an exciting conference in the  
beautiful San Francisco Bay Area next month!

Cedric Westphal, Ryuji Wakikawa, Mischa Dohler
ACM MobiCom’08 Publicity Chairs.

------ACM MobiCom’08 Final Program--------

Sunday, September 14

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

8:30am-5:30pm          Tutorials (Salon A to E)
•        See tutorial page

Monday, September 15

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

8:30am-5:30pm          Concurrent Workshops (Salon A to E)
•        WUWNET
•        VANET
•        CHANTS
•        See workshop pages for details

Evening                       Welcome Reception (Salon F to J)

Tuesday, September 16

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

7:30am-8:30am          Continental Breakfast

8:30am-9am                Conference Opening Session (Salon A to E)

9am-10am                   Keynote: Multi-hop Mobile Wireless Network  
Design: Implicit Cross-Layer Loss Models and Performance Sensitivities
•        Professor John Baras, University of Maryland

10am-10:30am            Break

10:30am-12:15pm      Experimental networks (Session chair: Peter  
Steenkiste)
•        Assessment of Urban-Scale Wireless Networks with a Small  
Number of Measurements
Joshua Robinson (Rice University, US), Ram Swaminathan (HP Labs, US),  
Edward Knightly (Rice University, US)
•        Cabernet: Vehicular Content Delivery Using WiFi
Jakob Eriksson (MIT, US), Hari Balakrishnan (Massachusetts Institute  
of Technology, US), Samuel Madden (MIT, US)
•        Experiences in a 3G Network: Interplay between the Wireless  
Channel and Applications
Xin Liu (Northeastern University, US), Sridhar Machiraju (Sprint, US),  
Mukund Seshadri (Sprint Applied Research, US), Ashwin Sridharan  
(Sprint ATL,US), Hui Zang (Sprint, US)
•        An Empirical Study of UHF RFID Performance
Michael Buettner (University of Washington, US), David Wetherall  
(University of Washington, US)

12:15pm-2:00pm        Lunch and Keynote Presentation (Salon F to J)
•        “From Self-Forming Mobile Networks to Self-Forming Mobile  
Content Services”, Preston Marshall, program manager, DARPA

2:00pm-3:45pm          Mobile Computing (Session chair: Raghupathy  
Sivakumar)
•        Relays, Base Stations, and Meshes: Enhancing Mobile Networks  
with Infrastructure
Nilanjan Banerjee (UMass-Amherst, US), Mark Corner (University of  
Massachusetts, US) , Don Towsley (University of Massachusetts at  
Amherst, US) , Brian Levine (Univ. of Massachusetts Amherst, US)
•        Enhancing Interactive Web Applications in Hybrid Networks
Aruna Balasubramanian (University of Massachusetts, Amherst, US),  
Brian Levine (Univ. of Massachusetts Amherst, US) , Arun Venkataramani  
(UMass Amherst, US)
•        Media Sharing based on Colocation Prediction in Urban  
Transport
Liam McNamara (University College London, UK), Cecilia Mascolo  
(University of Cambridge, UK), Licia Capra (University College London,  
UK)
•        BreadCrumbs: Forecasting Mobile Connectivity
Anthony Nicholson (University of Michigan, US), Brian Noble  
(University of Michigan, US)

3:45pm-4:00pm          Break

4:00pm-6:00pm          Student Posters and Demos (Salon F to J)

6:00pm-7:15pm          Open SIGMOBILE Business Meeting

Wednesday, September 17

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

7:30am-8:30am          Continental Breakfast

8:30am-10:15am        Security (Session chair: Kang Shin)
•        GAnGS: Gather, Authenticate ‘n Group Securely
Chia-Hsin Chen (Academia Sinica, TW), Chung-Wei Chen (National Tsing  
Hua University, TW), Cynthia Kuo (Carnegie Mellon University, US) ,  
Yan Hao Lai (National Chung Hsing University, TW), Jonathan McCune  
(Carnegie Mellon University, US), Ahren Studer (Carnegie Mellon  
University, US), Adrian Perrig (Carnegie Mellon University, US), Bo- 
Yin Yang (Academia Sinica, TW), Tzong-Chen WU (National Taiwan  
University of Science & Technology, TW)
•        On Fast and Accurate Detection of Unauthorized Wireless  
Access Points Using Clock Skews
    Suman Jana (University of Utah, US), Sneha Kasera (University of  
Utah, US)
•        Wireless Device Identification with Radiometric Signatures
Vladimir Brik (University of Wisconsin at Madison, US), Suman Banerjee  
(University of Wisconsin, US) , Marco Gruteser (WINLAB / Rutgers  
University,US), Sangho Oh (WINLAB, Rutgers University, US)
•        Radio-telepathy: Extracting a Secret Key from an  
Unauthenticated Wireless Channel
Suhas Mathur (WINLAB, Rutgers University, US), Wade Trappe (WINLAB,  
Rutgers University, US) , Narayan Mandayam (WINLAB, Rutgers  
University, US) , Chunxuan Ye (InterDigital Communications  
Corporation, US) , Alex Reznik (InterDigital Communications  
Corporation, US)

10:15am-10:45am      Break

10:45am-12:15pm      Spectrum sensing and management (Session chair:  
Victor Bahl)
•        eBay in the Sky: Strategy-Proof Wireless Spectrum Auctions
Xia Zhou (University of California, Santa Barbara, US), Sorabh Gandhi  
(University of California, Santa Barbara, US), Subhash Suri  
(University ofCalifornia at Santa Barbara, US), Haitao Zheng (Univ. of  
California, Santa Barbara, US)
•        In-band Spectrum Sensing in Cognitive Radio Networks: Energy  
Detection or Feature Detection?
    Hyoil Kim (University of Michigan, US), Kang G. Shin (University  
of Michigan, US)
•        Advancing Wireless Link Signatures for Location Distinction
Junxing Zhang (University of Utah, US), Mohammad Firooz (University of  
Utah, US), Neal Patwari (University of Utah, US), Sneha Kasera  
(University of Utah, US)
•        Challenges: Wide-Area wirelesss NETworks (WANETs)
    Suresh Singh (Portland State University, US)

12:15pm-1:45pm        Lunch (Salon F to J) and N2 Women Lunch (room TBD)

1:45pm-3:00pm          Algorithms and Modeling (Session chair: Ram  
Ramanathan)
•        ACES: Adaptive Clock Estimation and Synchronization Using  
Kalman Filtering
Benjamin Hamilton (Georgia Institute of Technology, US), Xiaoli Ma  
(Georgia Institute of Technology, US), Qi Zhao (AT&T Labs—Research,  
US), Jun Xu (Georgia Tech, US)
•        WiMAX Relay Networks: Opportunistic Scheduling to Exploit  
Multiuser Diversity and Frequency Selectivity
Supratim Deb (Bell Labs Research India, IN), Vivek Mhatre (Motorola,  
US), Venkatesh Ramaiyan (Indian Institute of Science, IN)
•        Capacity of Large Scale Wireless Networks under Gaussian  
Channel Model
Shi Li (Tsinghua University, CN), Shi Li (Tsinghua University, CN);  
Yunhao Liu (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, HK); Xiang- 
Yang Li (Illinois Institute of Technology, US)

3:00pm-3:30pm          Break

3:30pm-5:00pm          Wireless Protocols (Session chair: Lili Qiu)
•        Can CSMA/CA Networks Be Made Fair?
    Ying Jian (University of Florida, US), Shigang Chen (University of  
Florida, US)
•        Horizon: Balancing TCP over Multiple Paths in Wireless Mesh  
Network
Bozidar Radunovic (Microsoft Research Cambridge, UK), Christos  
Gkantsidis (Microsoft Research, UK), Dinan Gunawardena (Microsoft  
Research, UK), Peter Key (Microsoft Research, UK)
•        An Adaptive, High Performance MAC for Long-Distance Multihop  
Wireless Networks
Sergiu Nedevschi (University of California, Berkeley, US), Rabin Patra  
(UC Berkeley, US) , Sonesh Surana (University of California at  
Berkeley, US) , Sylvia Ratnasamy (Intel Research Berkeley, US) ,  
Lakshminarayanan Subramanian (New York University, US) , Eric Brewer  
(University of California at Berkeley, US)
•        Challenges: Automated Design of Networking Protocols
Volkan Rodoplu (University of California, Santa Barbara, US), Amir  
Aminzadeh Gohari (University of California, Santa Barbara, US)

5:00pm-6:30pm          Student Poster Competition Talks

Evening                       Conference Banquet

Thursday, September 18

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

7:30am-8:30am          Continental Breakfast

8:30am-10:15am        Cross-layer protocols (Session chair: Cecilia  
Mascolo)
•        Modulation Rate Adaptation in Urban and Vehicular  
Environments: Cross-layer Implementation and Experimental Evaluation
    Joseph Camp (Rice University, US), Edward Knightly (Rice  
University, US)
•        On Link-Layer Reliability and Stability for Wireless  
Communication
Sohraab Soltani (Michigan State University, US), Kiran Misra (Michigan  
State University, US), Hayder Radha (Michigan State University, US)
•        Taking the Sting out of Carrier Sense: Interference  
Cancellation for Wireless LANs
Daniel Halperin (University of Washington, US), Thomas Anderson  
(University of Washington, US), David Wetherall (University of  
Washington, US)
•        ZipTx: Exploiting the Gap between Bit Errors and Packet Loss
Nate Kushman (MIT, US), Ching-Ju Lin (National Taiwan University, TW),  
Dina Katabi (MIT, US)

10:15am-10:45am      Break

10:45am-12:15pm      Panel: Cross-domain Research: The Future of  
Mobile Computing and Networks
•        Moderator: Professor Chiara Petrioli, University of Rome 'La  
Sapienza'
•        Participants: TBD

12:15pm-1:45pm        Lunch (Salon F to J)

1:45pm-3:30pm          Multi-hop wireless networks (Session chair:  
Ashutosh Sabharwal)
•        Ditto: A System for Opportunistic Caching in Multi-hop  
Wireless Networks
Fahad Dogar (Carnegie Mellon University, US), David Andersen (CMU,  
US) , Himabindu Pucha (Carnegie Mellon University, US) , Amar  
Phanishayee (Carnegie Mellon University, US) , Olatunji Ruwase  
(Carnegie Mellon University, US)
•        On the Critical Phase Transition Time of Wireless Multi-hop  
Networks with Random Failures
Fei Xing (North Carolina State University, US), Wenye Wang (NC State  
University, US)
•        Understanding Congestion Control in Multi-hop Wireless Mesh  
Networks
Sumit Rangwala (University of Southern California, US), Apoorva Jindal  
(University of Southern California, US) , Ki-Young Jang (University of  
Southern California, US), Konstantinos Psounis (University of Southern  
California, US), Ramesh Govindan (University of Southern California, US)
•        Incentive-Compatible Opportunistic Routing for Wireless  
Networks
Fan Wu (SUNY Buffalo, US), Tingting Chen (SUNY at Buffalo, US), Sheng  
Zhong (SUNY Buffalo, US) , Li (Erran) Li (Bell Labs, Lucent  
Technologies, US) , Y. Richard Yang (Yale University, US)

3:30pm                        Conference Adjourns

Friday, September 19

8:00am-5:00pm          Registration Open

8:30am-5:30pm          Concurrent Workshops (Salon A to E)
•        WINTECH
•        MELT
•        WiNS-DR
•        See workshop pages for details

_______________________________________________
Autoconf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/autoconf