Subject: [Autoconf] Forming DT for the first WG deliverable, "address configuration in ad hoc networks"

From: Ryuji Wakikawa <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 09:44:25 +0900

Dear all,

As Jari mentioned in the new plan for the AUTOCONF WG, we have decided
to form a design team to rapidly produce a -00 strawman of the first
working group deliverable, discussing (citing Jari) "a practical way
of configuring MANET networks".

The WG milestones in the new charter are
- Apr 2009 Submit initial draft on address configuration in ad hoc  
networks
- Sep 2009 Submit address configuration draft to IESG as Informational  
or close WG.

In forming this design team, our goal has been to get a balance
between strong IP/INT experts and strong MANET experts on board. The
current composition of the design team is:

	o	Charles E. Perkins
	o	Thomas Narten
	o	Mark Townsley
	o	Emmanuel Baccelli
         o	Teco Boot

We're hoping and aiming for this design team to be able to produce a
-00 strawman before SF, as well as to have identified issues (if any)
where further discussion is required.

The design team is charged with producing a -00 strawman and to, once
the WG has decided to adopt this as a wg document, hold the pen in the
editorial process that follows.

In view of the very short time until SF, we've set up a mailing list
for the design team to conduct its initial business. Here's the
announcement, as sent upon establishing the design team and the list

The list is closed for public subscriptions, as it is intended only
for "initial exercises" on getting a -00 I-D produced. Once a -00 is
produced, we'd want to take subsequent discussions on
[email-masked] and shut this list down.

However, the archives of this list are public, and at this URL:

 >    http://lists.thomasclausen.net/pipermail/autoconf-dt/

Notice that the design team produces a strawman -00 in order to
kick-start the process -- and that we all need to get on board with
that document and help develop it once a -00 strawman is out. Over the
past month or so, a long list of folks have contacted the chairs and
offered their help for contributing text, reviewing etc. (Thanks!)
Considering the tight schedule, we're going to be needing all the help
we can get, as soon as the strawman is out and we know where work is
required -- so stay tuned.

Thomas & Ryuji