Subject: [Autoconf] [FT-ASN 10] Future Trends on Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:33:07 +0100

*** Our apologies if you receive multiple copies of this CFP ***

				The ACS/IEEE Workshop

		Future Trends on Ad-hoc and Sensor Networks (FT-ASN)

In Conjunction with the 8th ACS/IEEE International Conference on  
Computer Systems and Applications AICCSA 2010

		    	Hammamet, Tunisia, May 16-19, 2010

Ad Hoc & Sensor Networks have solicited tremendous attentions from  
both academic community and industry fields for many years.

They are becoming an integral part of the current computing landscape  
and certainly of future computing development and networking platforms.

Along with the rapid development of hardware and embedded systems, ad  
hoc and sensor networks are being further developed towards

a large number of mobile and multimedia applications such as video  
surveillance, traffic enforcement and control systems,

advanced healthcare delivery, structural health monitoring, and  
industrial process control.

The support of mobility, multimedia, security and scalability raise  
many challenging issues such as cross layer optimization,

intelligent content aware transmission, scarce resource intelligent  
allocation, mobile self organization, autonomic management

and operation and secured communications and localization. Significant  
research efforts are still needed from both academia community and

industrial fields, yet further experimental enlightening is sought  
from current deployments and test beds.

The workshop aims to be a forum for researchers working on the design,  
modelling, analysis and performance evaluation of Ad-hoc and Sensor  
Networks.

The objective of the workshop is to bring together state-of-the-art  
research contributions, and position papers that address key aspects  
of scalable,

mobile, multimedia ad hoc and sensor networks. Original papers  
describing completed and unpublished work not currently under review  
are solicited.

While we are especially interested in research submissions focusing  
primarily on scalabilility, mobility, security and autonomic management,

other aspects of ad hoc and sensor networks are also solicited.

TOPICS  OF  INTEREST

* Scalability and mobility issues in cross-layer design, and  
optimization for effective communications

* Scalable and flexible network architectures, deployments, and  
heterogeneous applications

* Applications and deployment experiences

* Design tools and methodologies for sensor networks

* Performance and security tradeoffs

* Security under resource constraints (e.g., energy, bandwidth,  
memory, and computation constraints)

* Secure multimedia streaming and transmission, QoS and admission control

* Secure location services

* Secure clock distribution

* Secure routing

* Secure MAC protocols

* Key management and Trust establishment, negotiation, and management

* Resource assignment and sharing

* Protocols for supporting real-time and reliable multimedia streaming

* Energy-efficient multimedia gathering, transmission, traffic  
management, and sensor data management

* Topology control and synchronization protocols

* Autonomic management and operation

IMPORTANT  DATES

* Abstract deadline: Friday, January 8th, 2010

* Full papers due: Friday, January 15th, 2010

* Author notification: Friday, February 5th, 2010

* Camera ready due: Friday, February 12th, 2010

* Workshop-Conference: May 16-19, 2010

WORKSHOP  ORGANIZING  COMMITTEES

Workshop General Chairs

* Abdelfettah Belghith - University of Manouba, Tunisia

* Mario Gerla - University of California at Los Angeles, USA

Steering Committee

* Abdelfettah Belghith - HANA Research Group, University of Manouba, Tunisia

* Habib Youssef - Prince, University of Sousse, Tunisia

* Mohamed Abid - CES, University of Sfax, Tunisia

* Riadh Robbana - LIP2, University of Carthage, Tunisia

Publicity Chairs

* Anis Koubaa - Al Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, KSA /  
CISTER Research Unit, Portugal

* Amine Dhraief - HANA Research Group, University of Manouba, Tunisia

* Rafaa Tahar - HANA Research Group, University of Manouba, Tunisia

Technical Program Committee

* Abdelfettah Belghith - University of Manouba, Tunisia

* Abdelhakim Hafid - University of Montreal, Canada

* Abderrahim BenSlimane - University of Avignon, France

* Adel Ben Mnaouer - University of Trinidad and Tobago, Trinidad and Tobago

* Andreas J. Kassler - Karlstad University, Sweden

* Anis Koubaa - Al Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, KSA /  
CISTER Research Unit, Portugal

* Aref Meddeb - University of Sousse, Tunisia

* Bernard Cousin - IRISA, University of Rennes 1, France

* Debashis Saha - IIM, Calcutta, India

* Farid Nait Abdessalem - University of Lille, France

* Foh Chuan Heng - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

* Guy Pujolle - Pierre and Marie Curie University, France

* Habib Youssef - University of Sousse, Tunisia

* Hamdi Yahyaoui - Kuwait University, Kuwait

* Hossam Hassanein - Queens University, Canada

* Jian-Nong Cao - Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong

* Khaled Ben Letaief - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology,  
Hong Kong

* Khalil Drira - University of Toulouse, France

* Kin Choong Yow - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore

* Lotfi Kamoun - University of Sfax, Tunisia

* Mario Gerla - University of California at Los Angeles, USA

* Mieso Denko - University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada

* Mohamed Abid - University of Sfax, Tunisia

* Mohamed Mosbah - University of Bordeaux 1, France

* Mohamed Younis - University of Maryland, USA

* Mohsen Guizani - Kuwait University, Kuwait

* Mounir Hamdi - Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong

* Mourad Loulou - University of Sfax, Tunisia

* Nafaa Jabeur - Dhofar University, Oman

* Noureddine Boudrigua - SupCom, Tunisia

* Raouf Boutaba - University of Waterloo, Canada

* Riadh Robbana - University of Carthage, Tunisia

* Samuel Pierre - Polytechnique Montreal, Canada

* Shafique Ahmad Chaudry - Al Imam Mohamed Bin Saud Islamic University, KSA

* Slim Abdellatif - LAAS-CNRS, University of Toulouse, France

* Tarik Taleb - Tohoku University, Japan

* Zakaria Maamar - Zayed University, UAE

-- 
Amine Dhraief
HANA Research Group, CRISTAL Laboratory
http://www.hana-uma.org
ENSI, University of Manouba, Tunisia 2010