Subject: [bcause] Charter discussions

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 17:41:46 -0000

I don't want to speak for the AD, but as one of the BoF chairs I just want
to point out that discussions of charter text are, of course, predicated on
a decision made by the AD to form a WG.

One of the purposes of the BoF is to help inform the AD so that he can make
that decision.

Thus, just understand that you are discussing two things:

- what you feel about the idea of a WG and what it might work on
- what you think the charter should say *if* the AD decides to form a WG

Thanks,
Adrian

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 21:00:13 +0100

At the same time, as you know Adrian, the charter proposal helps us 
understand what is actually being proposed for a working group to do.  I 
know of several BoFs where there was interest in the topic, but when it 
came down to what to actually do, the interest fragmented so badly that 
there was no charter that could actually get support.

Yours,
Joel

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:16:58 -0000

Thanks Joel, and agreed.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Joel M. Halpern <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 22 March 2019 20:00
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [bcause] Charter discussions

Yours,
Joel