Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Aiding the process (I hope)

From: TimHare at comcast.net ([email-masked])
Date: Wed Aug 25 21:30:49 2004

In an effort to get a handle on things, I've built this file (attached) to 
document the major elements of RCF2445/6/7 and CAP-13. It's in XML, because 
I thought A) that I might be able to do things with it later, and B) people 
who are more adept at XML than I might find ways to work with it.
Each line in the file contains an "Element", with a name,  the type, a 
description of sorts, the "rfc" where it is found (or CAP13), and the 
section of that document (the file is more descriptive than I am being at 
this late hour!).  The description is not detailed - the RFCs exist for 
that. This file is to help get an idea of what pieces are there, to guide 
the simplification process.

I'm about to be out of touch for ten days after Friday,  it ought to be 
interesting to read the mail when I get back.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc. 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: elements.xml
Type: application/xml
Size: 22939 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20040826/906ce556/elements-0001.rdf

---

From: nsb at guppylake.com (Nathaniel Borenstein)
Date: Sun Aug 29 08:22:27 2004

On Aug 26, 2004, at 12:22 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> In an effort to get a handle on things, I've built this file 
> (attached) to document the major elements of RCF2445/6/7 and CAP-13. 
> It's in XML, because....

Although Tim's reasons for xml make sense, naturally the first thing I 
did was convert it to an HTML table.  So I thought I'd share that with 
anyone who hasn't actually tried to read the file yet...

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20040828/0d29dfbb/elements.html
-------------- next part --------------

Thanks, Tim.  -- Nathaniel