Subject: [Ietf-calsify] BOF at Minneapolis IETF meeting

From: daboo at isamet.com (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Tue Feb 1 07:37:13 2005

Hi folks,
We have requested a BOF slot for the IETF meeting in Minneapolis to help us 
jump start the Calsify effort. Below is the Agenda for the proposed BOF. 
Note that we can tweak this as needed before the actual meeting. The goal 
for the BOF (as mentioned below) is to come up with major charter points 
and milestones that can be used for an IETF working group charter to help 
carry out this work, assuming that that is what we actually want to do.

I am still working on the draft metione3d in the agenda. This will 
basically attempt to summarise current issues in the existing specs to help 
us formulate a possible solution. Right now I am planning on incorporating 
problem info from:

<http://www.softwarestudio.org/iCal/2445Issues.html>

<http://tipi.sourceforge.net/doc/recur/apa.html>

RFCEditor errata page

Interop reports.

I will also try and scan the mailing lists to extract issues from there, 
but the deadline for -00 drafts is next Monday and a thorough mailing list 
scan may take a while. If you know of any other sources of 2445 etc issues, 
please let me know. If you have your own list of issues, I would appreciate 
it if you could forward those to me too.

---------------

Calendaring and Scheduling Simplification BOF (Calsify)

Chairs: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
        RL 'Bob' Morgan <[email-masked]>

Description

Calendaring and Scheduling is currently defined in RFCs 2445, 2446 and 
2447. These documents have been available for several years now, and a 
number of implementations exist. However, a number of interoperability 
problems exist between these implementations, some due to bugs in the 
specifications, some due to lack of clarity in the specifications and some 
due to under specification of key behaviors. As a result, interoperable 
calendaring and scheduling has not been truly achieved.

The purpose of this BOF is to discuss revising RFCs 2445, 2446 and 2447 
with the primary goal of achieving interoperability over the range of 
calendaring and scheduling tasks needed in real world situations. The goal 
of the BOF is to come up with a clear direction on how those revisions 
should be done, including the scope of changes. The desired outcome is a 
set of major charter points and milestones for a proposed IETF calsify 
working group.

Input to this BOF will be a problem statement internet-draft 
draft-daboo-calsify-issues-00.txt that pulls together existing document 
errata, known problems with the specs and results from interoperability 
tests. In addition, draft-royer-ical-basic-01.txt provides one possible 
direction for revisions.

Proposed agenda follows:

Agenda

- Introduction (blue sheets, scribe etc)    (1 min)
- Agenda Bashing                            (3 mins)
- Introduction                              (6 mins)
- Problem statement document                (60 mins)
- Possible Solutions                        (40 mins)
- Next Steps/WG CHarter                     (10 mins)

Total                                       120 mins

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Doug at Royer.com (Doug Royer)
Date: Tue Feb 1 17:09:43 2005

Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 4696 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20050201/3fcb8057/smime.bin