Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Example RRULEs

From: daboo at isamet.com (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Fri Feb 11 10:04:19 2005

To help with interop testing, I have made the following available:

1) 
<http://www.mulberrymail.com/davroot/calendars/public/iCalendarTests/2445AllExamples.ics>

This contains all the recurrence examples from 2445 Section 4.8.5.4 in one 
.ics file. The SUMMARY of each item indicates the example number in order 
from that section. The DESCRIPTION is the description from 2445 for each 
example. Note that some examples have a couple of variants and these are 
indicated by additional letters in the numbering (e.g. 05a 05b etc). Most 
of the examples use start dates in 1997, but there are some unbounded 
examples that will fill up the calendar display e.g. 'Every 20 minutes from 
9:00 AM to 4:40 PM every day'.

2) 
<http://www.mulberrymail.com/davroot/calendars/public/iCalendarTests/PayDay.ics>

This contains a single recurring event that uses a BYSETPOS. It corresponds 
to 'the last weekday in the month'.

Feel free to use these in whatever way you want.

If you have your own set of test events etc that you could share please let 
me know. Ultimately it would make sense to have all those on say the 
Calconnect website to help people do implementations. I am sure we can 
arrange that if there is interest...

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: reinhold at kainhofer.com (Reinhold Kainhofer)
Date: Fri Feb 11 10:18:02 2005

On Friday 11 February 2005 19:04, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Ultimately it would make sense to have all those on say the

Yes, I'd be very interested in such an archive of test cases.

Cheers,
Reinhold
-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------
Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
email: [email-masked], http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien, http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer / KPilot maintainer
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20050211/be816559/attachment.bin

---

From: Libby.Miller at bristol.ac.uk (Libby Miller)
Date: Fri Feb 11 10:21:29 2005

> Yes, I'd be very interested in such an archive of test cases.

that would be fantastic. I'm sure we can donate the few we have if 
useful.

Libby

---

From: lennox at cs.columbia.edu (Jonathan Lennox)
Date: Fri Feb 11 13:40:49 2005

> arrange that if there is interest...

Would you be interested in a set of "pathological corner case RRULEs"?  We
discussed a bunch of these on the list back in 2001.  (Be aware that there
may not be consensus about what they mean...)

-- 
Jonathan Lennox
[email-masked]

---

From: pregen at egenconsulting.com ([email-masked])
Date: Fri Feb 11 15:29:00 2005

Yes indeed, Cyrus, I think we can arrange for test examples to be on the 
Calconnect website.  Bravo!
___________________
Patricia Egen Consulting
www.egenconsulting.com
423-875-2652

Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]> 
Sent by: [email-masked]
02/11/2005 01:04 PM

To
[email-masked]
cc

Subject
[Ietf-calsify] Example RRULEs

1) 
<
http://www.mulberrymail.com/davroot/calendars/public/iCalendarTests/2445AllExamples.ics

examples that will fill up the calendar display e.g. 'Every 20 minutes 
from 

2) 
<
http://www.mulberrymail.com/davroot/calendars/public/iCalendarTests/PayDay.ics

This contains a single recurring event that uses a BYSETPOS. It 
corresponds 
to 'the last weekday in the month'.

If you have your own set of test events etc that you could share please 
let 
me know. Ultimately it would make sense to have all those on say the 
Calconnect website to help people do implementations. I am sure we can 
arrange that if there is interest...

-- 
Cyrus Daboo
_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify