Subject: [Ietf-calsify] About TZID...

From: daniele.tiles at gmail.com (Daniele Tiles)
Date: Fri May 20 03:15:41 2005

Hi!
I'm a student graduating at the University of Bologna (Italy) and I have to 
develop a WS able to convert the lesson's timetable into an iCalendar...I've 
some problems understanding the TimeZone Identifier: I've read that 

"...Implementers may want to use the naming conventions defined in existing 
time zone specifications such as the public-domain Olson database [TZ]"

I've searched through Internet, but I'm not able to understand: do I have to 
install this database? How does it work? Where can I find the correct lists 
of TZID?
Do you think it's better to define a VTimeZone component?

Thanks to everyone

Daniele

P.S.: If someone is interested why a lesson's timetable should have a 
TZID...well, it may happen that the timetables have been defined when a 
professor is abroad for a convention...so I thought it's quite important...

P.P.S.: I've got another problem: most of the professor at my university use 
Outlook2003...and I've discovered with my mentor that some optional rfc2445 
properties are required properties for this program...do you know where I 
could find the Microsoft specification for iCalendar?