Subject: [Ietf-calsify] email alarms + description

From: douglm at rpi.edu (Mike Douglass)
Date: Tue Jun 21 08:34:08 2005

RFC 2445 states (4.6.6) that the description property is required for an 
email alarm and will be used for the message body.

I'd prefer to see this as an optional property.

I'm implementing automatic mailing of (public) events to subscribed 
users and I'll probably do so by setting alarms on the events.

An appropriate message body is probably a displayable form of the event, 
with the actual event as an ics attachment.

I could populate all the alarm objects with the text form of the event 
but that's a bit wasteful. In any case I'd like the user to be able to 
signify the default mode by just leaving out the property.

The same could be said of the alarm summary. By default I'd fill it with 
the event summary.

-- 

Mike Douglass                           [email-masked]
Senior Systems Programmer
Communication & Collaboration Technologies      518 276 6780(voice) 2809
(fax)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180

---

From: Doug at royer.com (Doug Royer)
Date: Tue Jun 21 13:29:58 2005

Skipped content of type multipart/mixed-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: smime.p7s
Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
Size: 4696 bytes
Desc: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature
Url : http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20050621/bb4f5289/smime.bin