Subject: [Ietf-calsify] CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Wed Feb 22 19:09:01 2006

We submitted CalDAV draft -10 to the IETF yesterday. The draft has
not been officially announced yet, but it is already available for
you to review at the following URL:

http://ietf.webdav.org/caldav/draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt

We would like to submit the CalDAV draft for Last Call in time for
the 65th IETF Meeting in Dallas (i.e., really soon!). Before we do
so, we would like to get as much feedback as possible from the
participants of the "ietf-caldav" mailing list as well as from the
members of the WebDAV and Calsify Working Groups.

Once officially announced the draft should be available at:

   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt

Previous versions of the draft are available at:

   http://ietfreport.isoc.org/idref/draft-dusseault-caldav/

Discussion on CalDAV is taking place on the "ietf-caldav" mailing list:

   mailto:[email-masked]

which is archived at:

   http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-caldav

Reports on the 4 CalDAV Interoperability Events organized by the
Calendaring and Scheduling Consortium (CalConnect) can be found at:

   http://www.calconnect.org/ioppast.html

Finally, additional information on CalDAV can also be found at:

   http://ietf.webdav.org/caldav/

Please review draft -10 and send us feedback/questions/comments.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers,
Bernard

--

C.1.  Changes in -10

    a.  Added new section about support for X- items when storing data.

    b.  Added new precondition to allow servers to reject queries on
        unsupported X- items, and a new example.

    c.  Added new text about always supporting X- in calendar-data.

    d.  Created new section for PUT, COPY and MOVE preconditions.

    e.  Report examples re-done with full listing of calendar data in
        Appendix.

    f.  Removed description of using UID, SUMMARY etc as resource name.

    g.  Indicate that calendar object resource may contain only
        overridden components.

    h.  Add security consideration about not expose details in resource
        names.

    i.  Add constraint that free-busy-query can only be run on a
        collection.

    j.  Add preconditions for calendar-timezone property/elements in
        MKCALENDAR, PROPPATCH and calendar-query REPORT.

    k.  Fix principal-match example.

---

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Thu Feb 23 07:01:02 2006

Julian,

Thanks for your feedback!  The idea to do an informal last call is
exactly to get this kind of feedback. :-)

Lisa, Cyrus and I already discussed about the possibility of making
reference to RFC2518bis. We will consider your feedback on this issue.

Meanwhile, it would be appreciated if you could elaborate some more on
the implication of referencing RFC2518bis instead of RFC2518 in CalDAV.

Thanks,
Bernard

P.S. I have printed rfc2518bis and will take the time to review it!

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Hm.
> 
> It strikes me as a particularly bad idea to last-call a draft that 
> builds on top of RFC2518, while, at the same time, RFC2518bis is last 
> called.
> 
> Reasons:
> 
> - you will likely have to update the spec to refer to rfc2518bis instead 
> anyway, and this frequently is more work than just updating a single 
> reference (in particular, the stuff about ETags in section 5.3.4 is 
> partly in conflict with RFC2616, and likely to be in conflict with the 
> separate document about ETag handling in HTTP the IETF has decided to 
> produce).
> 
> - the group of people who can give constructive feedback to CalDAV 
> definitively overlaps with those who can review RFC2518bis.
> 
> Therefore I strongly suggest not to last-call anything WebDAV related 
> before RFC2518bis' last call has ended.
> 
> Best regards, Julian
> 
> 
> Bernard Desruisseaux wrote:
> 
>>

---

From: julian.reschke at gmx.de (Julian Reschke)
Date: Tue Mar 7 14:31:15 2006

Hm.

Reasons:

Best regards, Julian

-- 
<green/>bytes GmbH -- http://www.greenbytes.de -- tel:+492512807760

---

From: julian.reschke at gmx.de (Julian Reschke)
Date: Tue Mar 7 14:31:16 2006

> reference to RFC2518bis. We will consider your feedback on this issue.

Well, and that's the problem. To provide that kind of feedback, I'll 
have to review the spec, and that's the one thing I really don't have 
time for during RFC2518bis' last call :-)

> P.S. I have printed rfc2518bis and will take the time to review it!

Great!

Best regards, Julian

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:06:41 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>, Calsify WG <[email-masked]>, WebDAV WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt]

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------070600070206030600050804
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 15:50:01 -0500
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: Calendaring Extensions to WebDAV (CalDAV)
	Author(s)	: L. Dusseault, et al.
	Filename	: draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt
	Pages		: 94
	Date		: 2006-2-23
	
This document specifies a set of methods, headers, message bodies,
properties, and reports that define calendar access extensions to the
WebDAV protocol.  The new protocol elements are intended to make
WebDAV-based calendaring and scheduling an interoperable standard
that supports calendar access, calendar management, calendar sharing,
and calendar publishing.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message.
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

--------------070600070206030600050804
Content-Type: Message/External-body;
 name="draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
 filename="draft-dusseault-caldav-10.txt"

Content-Type: text/plain
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

--------------070600070206030600050804
Content-Type: text/plain;
	name="file:///C|/DOCUME%7E1/BDESRUIS/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/nsmail-1.txt"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline;
	filename="file:///C|/DOCUME%7E1/BDESRUIS/LOCALS%7E1/TEMP/nsmail-1.txt"

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

--------------070600070206030600050804--

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:21:02 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Cc: Calsify WG <[email-masked]>, WebDAV WG <[email-masked]>, CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Re: CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

> reference to RFC2518bis. We will consider your feedback on this issue.

Well, and that's the problem. To provide that kind of feedback, I'll 
have to review the spec, and that's the one thing I really don't have 
time for during RFC2518bis' last call :-)

> P.S. I have printed rfc2518bis and will take the time to review it!

Great!

Best regards, Julian

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:59:15 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Cc: Calsify WG <[email-masked]>, WebDAV WG <[email-masked]>, CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Re: CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

Julian,

Thanks,
Bernard

>> Please review draft -10 and send us feedback/questions/comments.

Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 09:08:15 +0100
From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
To: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Cc: Calsify WG <[email-masked]>, WebDAV WG <[email-masked]>, CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Re: CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

Hm.

Reasons:

Best regards, Julian

Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 22:08:46 -0500
From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
To: CalDAV DevList <[email-masked]>, Calsify WG <[email-masked]>, WebDAV WG <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] CalDAV draft Informal Last-Call

which is archived at:

Thanks for you help!

Cheers,
Bernard

--

C.1.  Changes in -10

From: Reinhold Kainhofer <[email-masked]>
Organization: FAM, Vienna University of Technology
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs per event?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:40:48 +0100

Am Dienstag, 14. Februar 2006 22:47 schrieb Dan Mosedale:
> I'm trying to understand the use of multiple VALARMs per event, and I'm
> wondering how much, it happens in the real world.  Having both an email
> and an audio alarm on an event seems like a reasonable enough use-case.
> Do folks know of any calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs today,
> or plan to in the future?

Yes, KOrganizer does since KDE 3.4 or 3.5. There's an additional tab for all 
the various alarm settings (relative to start/end of event, type, offset, 
repeat, etc.): 
http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/~reinhold/KOrganizer/KOrganizer_MultipleAlarms.jpg

Cheers,
Reinhold
- -- 
- ------------------------------------------------------------------
Reinhold Kainhofer, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
email: [email-masked], http://reinhold.kainhofer.com/
 * Financial and Actuarial Mathematics, TU Wien, http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/
 * K Desktop Environment, http://www.kde.org, KOrganizer maintainer

From: Helge Hess <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs per event?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:34:56 +0100
To: Dan Mosedale <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

On 14. Feb 2006, at 22:47 Uhr, Dan Mosedale wrote:
> Do folks know of any calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs  
> today

Apple iCal.app allows to add multiple alarms.

Greets,
   Helge
-- 
http://docs.opengroupware.org/Members/helge/
OpenGroupware.org

Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 13:47:35 -0800
From: Dan Mosedale <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs per event?

I'm trying to understand the use of multiple VALARMs per event, and I'm 
wondering how much, it happens in the real world.  Having both an email 
and an audio alarm on an event seems like a reasonable enough use-case.  
Do folks know of any calendar apps that generate multiple VALARMs today, 
or plan to in the future?

Dan

Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 19:37:29 +0100
From: Daniele Tiles <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Most used TZID and Olson Database

------=_Part_153_17511501.1139855849207
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi,
thank you very much for the quick answer (this somehow helps me...I'm on th=
e
right way :))...do you know anything like a simple file containing the Olso=
n
Id and the correspondent UTC offset? It would be helpful (it's so annoying
that there isn't anything ready under Windows...)
Bye

Daniele

The Calconnect Timezone questionnaire we did last year did indicate that a
> majority of respondents used the Olson DB:
>
> <
> http://www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1=
.0.pdf
> Cyrus Daboo

--
http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=3Dlasthope.public
http://www.universibo.unibo.it
webcal://www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/daniele.tiles/121631/

------=_Part_153_17511501.1139855849207
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<div><div><br>Hi,<br>thank you very much for the quick answer (this somehow=
 helps me...I'm on the right way :))...do you know anything like a simple f=
ile containing the Olson Id and the correspondent UTC offset? It would be h=
elpful (it's so annoying that there isn't anything ready under Windows...)
<br>Bye<br><br>Daniele<br></div><br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">The Calconnect Timezone questionnaire we did last year d=
id indicate that a
<br>majority of respondents used the Olson DB:<br><br>&lt;<a href=3D"http:/=
/www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1.0.pdf">=
http://www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1.0=
.pdf
</a>&gt;<br><br><br>--<br>Cyrus Daboo<br><br></blockquote></div><br><br cle=
ar=3D"all"><br>-- <br><a href=3D"http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.p=
hp?cal=3Dlasthope.public">http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=
=3Dlasthope.public
</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.universibo.unibo.it">http://www.universibo.un=
ibo.it</a><br>webcal://www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/daniele.tiles/1216=
31/

------=_Part_153_17511501.1139855849207--

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:04:31 -0500
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Daniele Tiles <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Most used TZID and Olson Database

Hi Daniele,

--On February 12, 2006 8:03:56 PM +0100 Daniele Tiles 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I would like to add a very-basilar support to TimeZone in my Calendar
> Application...as I read in the RFC, and as I saw working with some
> iCalendars, the id's of the Olson database seems to be the most
> used...so, I would like to ask:
> --Is this actually true? Has anyone got any statistics or something like
> that?

The Calconnect Timezone questionnaire we did last year did indicate that a 
majority of respondents used the Olson DB:

<http://www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1.0.pdf>

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 20:03:56 +0100
From: Daniele Tiles <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Most used TZID and Olson Database

------=_Part_1935_21953872.1139771036075
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi to all,
I would like to add a very-basilar support to TimeZone in my Calendar
Application...as I read in the RFC, and as I saw working with some
iCalendars, the id's of the Olson database seems to be the most used...so, =
I
would like to ask:
--Is this actually true? Has anyone got any statistics or something like
that?
--I'm working on Windows, and what I would REALLY need is a list of the
Olson database id's (like Europe/Rome) and they correspondet UTC...
Could someone help me? :)
Bye

Daniele Tiles

--
http://remotecalendars.sf.net
http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=3Dlasthope.public
http://www.universibo.unibo.it

------=_Part_1935_21953872.1139771036075
Content-Type: text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

Hi to all,<br>I would like to add a very-basilar support to TimeZone in my =
Calendar Application...as I read in the RFC, and as I saw working with some=
 iCalendars, the id's of the Olson database seems to be the most used...so,=
 I would like to ask:
<br>--Is this actually true? Has anyone got any statistics or something lik=
e that?<br>--I'm working on Windows, and what I would REALLY need is a list=
 of the Olson database id's (like Europe/Rome) and they correspondet UTC...
<br>Could someone help me? :)<br>Bye<br><br>Daniele Tiles<br clear=3D"all">=
<br>-- <br><a href=3D"http://remotecalendars.sf.net">http://remotecalendars=
.sf.net</a><br><a href=3D"http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=
=3Dlasthope.public">
http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=3Dlasthope.public</a><br><=
a href=3D"http://www.universibo.unibo.it">http://www.universibo.unibo.it</a=
><br><br>

------=_Part_1935_21953872.1139771036075--

To: IETF-iCalendar <[email-masked]>
From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 15:02:46 -0800
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Fwd: Internet-Drafts Submission Cutoff Dates for the 65th IETF Meeting in Dallas, TX, USA 

--Apple-Mail-5--360706691
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset=US-ASCII;
	delsp=yes;
	format=flowed

Very important dates for the authors/editors in this WG!  I am still  
hoping we can do better than to just barely hit the dates.  Having  
only one draft out between meetings, and only just before the draft  
deadline, is not optimal for WG meeting planning and effective  
agendas.  I would encourage the authors/editors to submit works in  
progress as we're not expecting to see polished, finished results at  
this time.

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

> From: [email-masked]
> Date: February 2, 2006 9:00:01 PM PST
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Internet-Drafts Submission Cutoff Dates for the 65th IETF  
> Meeting in Dallas, TX, USA
>
>
> There are two (2) Internet-Draft cutoff dates for the 65th
> IETF Meeting in Dallas, TX, USA:
>
> February 27th: Cutoff Date for Initial (i.e., version -00)
> Internet-Draft Submissions
>
> All initial Internet-Drafts (version -00) must be submitted by Monday,
> February 27th at 9:00 AM ET. As always, all initial submissions with a
> filename beginning with "draft-ietf" must be approved by the
> appropriate WG Chair before they can be processed or announced.  The
> Secretariat would appreciate receiving WG Chair approval by Monday,
> February 20th at 9:00 AM ET.
>
> March 6th: Cutoff Date for Revised (i.e., version -01 and higher)
> Internet-Draft Submissions
>
> All revised Internet-Drafts (version -01 and higher) must be submitted
> by Monday, March 6th at 9:00 AM ET.
>
> Initial and revised Internet-Drafts received after their respective
> cutoff dates will not be made available in the Internet-Drafts
> directory or announced until on or after Monday, March 20th at 9:00
> AM ET, when Internet-Draft posting resumes.  Please do not wait until
> the last minute to submit.
>
> Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If you have any
> questions or concerns, then please send a message to
> [email-masked].
>
> The IETF Secretariat
>
> FYI: The Internet-Draft cutoff dates as well as other significant  
> dates
> for the 65th IETF Meeting can be found at http://www.ietf.org/ 
> meetings/cutoff_dates_65.html.
>
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce

--Apple-Mail-5--360706691
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset=ISO-8859-1

<HTML><BODY style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -khtml-nbsp-mode: space; =
-khtml-line-break: after-white-space; ">Very important dates for the =
authors/editors in this WG!=A0 I am still hoping we can do better than =
to just barely hit the dates.=A0 Having only one draft out between =
meetings, and only just before the draft deadline, is not optimal for WG =
meeting planning and effective agendas.=A0 I would encourage the =
authors/editors to submit works in progress as we're not expecting to =
see polished, finished results at this time.<DIV><BR =
class=3D"khtml-block-placeholder"></DIV><DIV>Lisa<BR><DIV><BR><DIV>Begin =
forwarded message:</DIV><BR =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite"><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: #000000"><B>From: =
</B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" style=3D"font: 12.0px =
Helvetica"><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></F=
ONT></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>Date: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica">February 2, 2006 9:00:01 PM =
PST</FONT></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" =
size=3D"3" color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>To: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica"><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></FONT></=
DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: =
0px; margin-left: 0px; "><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
color=3D"#000000" style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica; color: =
#000000"><B>Subject: </B></FONT><FONT face=3D"Helvetica" size=3D"3" =
style=3D"font: 12.0px Helvetica"><B>Internet-Drafts Submission Cutoff =
Dates for the 65th IETF Meeting in Dallas, TX, USA<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></B></FONT></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV> <DIV style=3D"margin-top:=
 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">There are two =
(2) Internet-Draft cutoff dates for the 65th<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">IETF =
Meeting in Dallas, TX, USA:</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">February 27th: Cutoff Date for =
Initial (i.e., version -00)<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">Internet-Draft Submissions<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">All initial =
Internet-Drafts (version -00) must be submitted by Monday,<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">February =
27th at 9:00 AM ET. As always, all initial submissions with a<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">filename =
beginning with "draft-ietf" must be approved by the<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">appropriate WG Chair before they can be processed or announced.<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>The<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">Secretariat would appreciate receiving WG Chair approval by =
Monday,<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">February 20th at 9:00 AM ET.</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">March =
6th: Cutoff Date for Revised (i.e., version -01 and higher)<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">Internet-Draft Submissions<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">All revised =
Internet-Drafts (version -01 and higher) must be submitted<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">by =
Monday, March 6th at 9:00 AM ET.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: =
14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">Initial and revised =
Internet-Drafts received after their respective<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">cutoff =
dates will not be made available in the Internet-Drafts<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">directory or announced until on or after Monday, March 20th at =
9:00<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">AM ET, when Internet-Draft posting resumes.<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0 </SPAN>Please do not wait until<SPAN =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">the last =
minute to submit.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. If =
you have any<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">questions or concerns, then please send a message =
to<SPAN class=3D"Apple-converted-space">=A0</SPAN></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>.</DI=
V><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">The IETF =
Secretariat</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; =
margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">FYI: The Internet-Draft cutoff dates as well as =
other significant dates</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; ">for the 65th =
IETF Meeting can be found at <A =
href=3D"http://www.ietf.org/meetings/cutoff_dates_65.html">http://www.ietf=
.org/meetings/cutoff_dates_65.html</A>.</DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: =
0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
min-height: 14px; "><BR></DIV><DIV style=3D"margin-top: 0px; =
margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; =
">_______________________________________________</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; ">IETF-Announce mailing list</DIV><DIV =
style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A></DIV><DI=
V style=3D"margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; =
margin-left: 0px; "><A =
href=3D"https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce">https://www1=
.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce</A></DIV> =
</BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>=

--Apple-Mail-5--360706691--

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 09:50:05 -0700
From: Doug Royer <[email-masked]>
Organization: IntelliCal.com
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Properties and parameters
Reply-To: [email-masked]

This is a cryptographically signed message in MIME format.

--------------ms030406050800080908020108
Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="------------050402000001000508070601"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050402000001000508070601
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The table of contents calls 'parameters' 'properties'.

And the TOC only calls the parameter "VALUE" value types parameters.

Many of the parameters are not listed in the TOC at all

The section 12 TOC 'Property Parameters' is empty

Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Hi,
> 2445bis now mixes properties and parameter definitions within the same 
> sections. I actually find it a lot harder to navigate around to find a 
> particular definition of either a property or parameter now. What would 
> be extremely useful is an index for the definition of each component, 
> property, parameter and value type. The table of contents is not as good 
> for lookup as it was before.
> 

-- 

Doug Royer                     | http://INET-Consulting.com
-------------------------------|-----------------------------

               We Do Standards - You Need Standards

--------------050402000001000508070601
Content-Type: text/x-vcard; charset=utf-8;
 name="Doug.vcf"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: attachment;
 filename="Doug.vcf"

begin:vcard
fn:Doug Royer
n:Royer;Doug
org:INET-Consulting.com
adr:;;;;;;U.S.A
email;internet:[email-masked]
title:CEO
tel;work:866-594-8574
tel;fax:866-594-8574
note;quoted-printable:AOL: SupportUnix=0D=0A=
	MSN: [email-masked]=0D=0A=
	Yahoo: Help4Unix
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://Royer.com
version:2.1
end:vcard

--------------050402000001000508070601--

--------------ms030406050800080908020108
Content-Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature; name="smime.p7s"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="smime.p7s"
Content-Description: S/MIME Cryptographic Signature

--------------ms030406050800080908020108--

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:21:50 -0500
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Properties and parameters

Hi,
2445bis now mixes properties and parameter definitions within the same 
sections. I actually find it a lot harder to navigate around to find a 
particular definition of either a property or parameter now. What would be 
extremely useful is an index for the definition of each component, 
property, parameter and value type. The table of contents is not as good 
for lookup as it was before.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 10:02:55 -0500
From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
To: Tim Hare <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Ietf-calsify] Small nit in draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-00.txt

Hi Tim,

--On January 31, 2006 9:32:32 PM -0500 Tim Hare <[email-masked]> wrote:

> 6.  An implementation MAY truncate a "SUMMARY" property value to 255
>     characters.

This raises another issue I just spotted with the use of the terms 'octets' 
and 'characters'. The first thing to note is that a certain number of 
octets is not necessarily the same number of characters if non-ascii 
characters are present with utf-8 encoding. So in the above situation, a 
truncation at 255 characters could actually result in say 1024 octets if 
each character was a 4-octet utf-8 sequence. I suggest metioning this in 
Section 4 to clarify the use of 'octets' vs 'characters'. It may be worth 
adding an example to Section 5.3 showing non-ascii text being split on a 
proper character boundary.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo