Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Most used TZID and Olson Database

From: daniele.tiles at gmail.com (Daniele Tiles)
Date: Sun Feb 12 11:03:59 2006

Hi to all,
I would like to add a very-basilar support to TimeZone in my Calendar
Application...as I read in the RFC, and as I saw working with some
iCalendars, the id's of the Olson database seems to be the most used...so, I
would like to ask:
--Is this actually true? Has anyone got any statistics or something like
that?
--I'm working on Windows, and what I would REALLY need is a list of the
Olson database id's (like Europe/Rome) and they correspondet UTC...
Could someone help me? :)
Bye

Daniele Tiles

--
http://remotecalendars.sf.net
http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=lasthope.public
http://www.universibo.unibo.it
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20060212/09f9407a/attachment.htm

---

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Sun Feb 12 17:04:35 2006

Hi Daniele,

--On February 12, 2006 8:03:56 PM +0100 Daniele Tiles 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> iCalendars, the id's of the Olson database seems to be the most
> used...so, I would like to ask:

The Calconnect Timezone questionnaire we did last year did indicate that a 
majority of respondents used the Olson DB:

<http://www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1.0.pdf>

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: daniele.tiles at gmail.com (Daniele Tiles)
Date: Mon Feb 13 10:37:32 2006

Hi,
thank you very much for the quick answer (this somehow helps me...I'm on the
right way :))...do you know anything like a simple file containing the Olson
Id and the correspondent UTC offset? It would be helpful (it's so annoying
that there isn't anything ready under Windows...)
Bye

Daniele

> <
> http://www.calconnect.org/publications/resultsfromtimezonequestionnairev1.0.pdf
> >
>
>
> --
> Cyrus Daboo
>
>

--
http://www.icalx.com/html/lasthope/month.php?cal=lasthope.public
http://www.universibo.unibo.it
webcal://www.rememberthemilk.com/icalendar/daniele.tiles/121631/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.osafoundation.org/pipermail/ietf-calsify/attachments/20060213/1171b461/attachment.htm