Subject: [Ietf-calsify] RFC2445 Corrections

From: lists at block-online.eu (Oliver Block)
Date: Mon May 29 05:19:20 2006

Hello,

I'd like to mention some typo corrections to the text of RFC2445:

page 14

     NON-US-ASCII       = %x80-F8
     ; Use restricted by charset parameter
     ; on outer MIME object (UTF-8 preferred)

SHOULD :-) be moved to the next page and appear somewhere after

     QSAFE-CHAR = WSP / %x21 / %x23-7E / NON-US-ASCII
     ; Any character except CTLs and DQUOTE

page 17 (paragraph 1)

   Inline binary contact SHOULD only be used in applications
   whose special circumstances demand that an iCalendar object be
   expressed as a single entity.

should be changed to

   Inline binary content SHOULD only be used in applications
   whose special circumstances demand that an iCalendar object be
   expressed as a single entity.

->inline binary content

page 21 (paragraph 1):
  This parameter specifies those calendar uses that have delegated
  their participation in a group scheduled event or to-do to the 
  calendar user specified by the property.

should be changed to:

   This parameter specifies those calendar users that have delegated
   their participation in a group scheduled event or to-do to the 
   calendar user specified by the property.

  ->calendar users

Best regards,

Oliver
--
Sylbacher Str. 241
32107 Bad Salzuflen
Germany

---

From: sroberts at uniserve.com (Sam Roberts)
Date: Mon May 29 21:47:11 2006

I found this in my notes:

   Everyday in January, for 3 years:

     DTSTART;TZID=US-Eastern:19980101T090000
     RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;UNTIL=20000131T090000Z;
      BYMONTH=1;BYDAY=SU,MO,TU,WE,TH,FR,SA
     or
     RRULE:FREQ=DAILY;UNTIL=20000131T090000Z;BYMONTH=1

     ==> (1998 9:00 AM EDT)January 1-31
         (1999 9:00 AM EDT)January 1-31
         (2000 9:00 AM EDT)January 1-31

!! (2000 9:00 AM EDT)January 31 is AFTER the until day (2000 9:00 am UTC) January 31

Cheers,
Sam