Subject: [Ietf-calsify] 2445bis: clarify allowed value types of date-time property combinations

From: cyrus at daboo.name (Cyrus Daboo)
Date: Fri Jul 21 09:01:09 2006

Hi Bernard,
I was just checking on the behavior for the VALUE type of DTSTART/DTEND and 
DTSTART/DUE in VEVENT and VTODO. Right now for VEVENT, the only restriction 
I see is that if DTSTART is a DATE then DTEND must also be a DATE. That 
means that having DTSTART be DATE-TIME and DTEND be DATE is allowed 
(provided DTEND is later than DTSTART). If that is allowed then I would 
like to see it explicitly stated - perhaps a table of the two properties 
with yes/no for combinations of value types?

The issue with VTODO is more complex as there is no restriction at all, so 
DTSTART as DATE and DUE as DATE-TIME, or DTSTART as DATE-TIME and DUE as 
DATE is allowed. I was just bitten by this so would like to see more 
clarification as per VEVENT.

PS This might tie in with the UNTIL value issue too. Perhaps a table of all 
date/time related properties for each component with an indication of what 
combinations of values each is allowed would be good.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo