Subject: [Ietf-calsify] Issue 67: 4.8.2.5

From: lear at cisco.com (Eliot Lear)
Date: Thu Feb 8 07:44:10 2007

>
> In section 4.8.2.5 Duration of RFC 2445 it says:
>
> > In a "VFREEBUSY" calendar component the property may be
> > used to specify the interval of free time being requested.
>
> Yet, section 3.3.2 REQUEST of RFC 2446 (iTIP) specifies that
> the DURATION property is not allowed in a VFREEBUSY request.
>
> I see three options:
>
> a) Remove statement from iCalendar to be in sync with iTIP;
>
> b) Change iTIP to allow the DURATION property in a VFREEBUSY
>    request and define the semantic as specified in iCalendar.
>
> c) Status quo.

Consensus on the jabber was to go with option (b) for now, but perhaps 
revisit after we complete work with iTIP.  Objections?

Eliot