Subject: [Ietf-calsify] confusing reference

From: calsify at oliver-block.eu ([email-masked])
Date: Wed Oct 24 06:53:13 2007

Hello everybody,

I was just reading parts of draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-07.txt and would like to
draw your attention to the following confusing sentence:

      The identifier is RECOMMENDED to be the
      identical syntax to the [RFC2822] addr-spec.  

The rest does describe the intended quite good (with just a little change 
(\"an\" instead of \"the\") so that the preceding sentence could be omitted.

      A good method to
      assure uniqueness is to put the domain name or a domain literal IP
      address of the host on which the identifier was created on the
      right hand side of [an] \"@\", and on the left hand side, put a
      combination of the current calendar date and time of day (i.e.,
      formatted in as a DATE-TIME value) along with some other currently
      unique (perhaps sequential) identifier available on the system
      (for example, a process id number).  Using a date/time value on
      the left hand side and a domain name or domain literal on the
      right hand side makes it possible to guarantee uniqueness since no
      two hosts should be using the same domain name or IP address at
      the same time.

Best Regards,

Oliver Block

---

From: bernard.desruisseaux at oracle.com (Bernard Desruisseaux)
Date: Thu Oct 25 08:39:34 2007

+1

I would be happy to do the proposed change,
and drop the normative reference to RFC 2822.

Cheers,
Bernard

[email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf-calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify
>