Subject: [Ietf-calsify] iTip Cancel

From: Ciny Joy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 14:42:15 -0800

Hi,
   I am assuming support for RANGE in RECURRENCE-ID will be removed from 
iTIP too. If so, how do I cancel all future instances of an existing 
never ending series? Would it be a request to change the RRULEe to put 
in an until, instead of a cancel?

Thanks,
Ciny
_______________________________________________
Ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:23:44 -0500

> in an until, instead of a cancel?

Yes.

Another option would be to modify the master component with
DTSTART set to the first instance to cancel and specify
STATUS:CANCELLED, and specify RDATE and exception components
for all previous recurrence instances.  Humm...

That being said, truncating the RRULE with COUNT or UNTIL
looks much simpler to me.

Cheers,
Bernard

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:48:19 -0500

Hi Bernard,

> for all previous recurrence instances.  Humm...

That would be extremely ugly!

> looks much simpler to me.

Is that sufficient? Shouldn't CANCEL's be sent?

I still feel we are missing a lot by removing RANGE.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo