Subject: [ietf-calsify] Protocol Action: 'Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:20:54 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification 
   (iCalendar) '
   <draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Calendaring and Scheduling Standards 
Simplification Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lisa Dusseault and Alexey Melnikov.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-10.txt

Technical Summary

This document defines the iCalendar data format for representing and
exchanging calendaring and scheduling information such as events,
to-dos, journal entries and free/busy information, independent of any
particular calendar service or protocol.

Working Group Summary

The working group proceeded with the work in an orderly fashion, opening
tickets for all the found issues in the original RFC2445, and then
systematically closing them until no known issues remained.

Document Quality

There are a number of existing implementations of the original RFC2445
specification that are likely to upgrade their implementation to the new
specification.

During the process of developing this document, the CalConnect.org
industry consortium provided various types of vendor feedback and errata
over the original specification.

The working group took special care to take into account this feedback
as well as the feedback received from a number of other contributors,
some of which are also mentioned in the document's Acknowledgements
section.

Personnel

Document Shepherd: Aki Niemi <[email-masked]>

Responsible AD: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>

The IANA Expert(s) for the registries in this document are Cyrus Daboo
and Bernard Desruisseaux.

Note to RFC Editor

Please ensure that the ABNF is valid, including semi-colons or explicit
spaces in empty lines within rules.

OLD in section 3.2.19:

      The parameter MUST be specified on properties with a DATE-TIME
      value if the DATE-TIME is not either a UTC or a "floating" time.

NEW:

      The parameter MUST be specified on properties with a DATE-TIME
      value if the DATE-TIME is not either a UTC or a "floating" time.
  Failure to include and follow VTIMEZONE definitions in iCalendar
  objects may lead to inconsistent understanding of the local time at any
  given location.

_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify

---

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 11:15:53 +0200

Dear all,

I'd like to congratulate the working group and Bernard Desruisseaux in 
particular on this event.

Warmest regards,

Eliot

On 4/28/09 6:20 PM, The IESG wrote:
> Document Shepherd: Aki Niemi<[email-masked]>
>
> Responsible AD: Lisa Dusseault<[email-masked]>
>