Subject: [ietf-calsify] Calendar with no VTIMEZONE components but X-WR-TIMEZONE

From: Rick DeNatale <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 17:00:11 -0400

Someone pointed me to this icalendar file of Australian holidays for a
test case:

http://icalx.com/public/rohanl/Australian32Holidays.ics

This contains NO VTIMEZONE components, but does have the calendar property:
X-WR-TIMEZONE:Australia/Sydney

Googling indicates that this is a non-standardized property, but it
seems to be used by several calendar apps including Apple's ical.app
and Google calendar.

I know that it's non-standard, but it seems to be somewhat important
for interoperability.  I'm looking for some kind of information about
what it means in general.

It seems to indicate a default tzid for the whole calendar.  In the
absence of timezone components I'm not sure how to interpret the tzid,
though.

Australia/Sydney IS a time zone identifier in the Olsen database, is
it standard practice to use olsen tzids in X-WR-TIMEZONE calendar
attributes?

I know that this is a bit off-topic for the group but I'm not sure
where else to find a group of RFC 2445 experts.
-- 
Rick DeNatale

Blog: http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RickDeNatale
WWR: http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/9021-rick-denatale
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickdenatale
_______________________________________________
ietf-calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
http://lists.osafoundation.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-calsify