Subject: [calsify] Status of VVENUE??

From: Rick DeNatale <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 18:03:19 -0400

I just got a query from one of the users of my RiCal ruby gem about
handling a VVENUE subcomponent of an event.

As far as I can tell this was a relatively short-lived proposal which
had two drafts back in 2007 the second of which expired early last
year.

Is there any life left in it?  There seem to be some icalendar apps
which are actually producing these things since one of my users
encountered them in the wild.

I'm not sure what to do about them.  Would it be reasonable to just
silently ignore them when parsing icalendar data, or are  problems
likely to come up if the data were subsequently exported without them?

-- 
Rick DeNatale

Blog: http://talklikeaduck.denhaven2.com/
Twitter: http://twitter.com/RickDeNatale
WWR: http://www.workingwithrails.com/person/9021-rick-denatale
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/rickdenatale
_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:49:33 -0400

Hi Rick,

> likely to come up if the data were subsequently exported without them?

VVENUE is no longer being worked on. The current thought is to use vCards 
as the way to specify more detailed location information.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 21:49:33 -0400

Hi Rick,

-- 
Cyrus Daboo