Subject: [calsify] WGLC for draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-07.txt

From: Eliot Lear <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:21:03 +0100

Dear all,

We are entering working group last call for 
draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-07.txt, iMIP.  At this time I would ask 
you to please identify any outstanding issues you have with the draft, 
if you have not already done so.  I am in the process of checking all 
examples.  You can find a copy of the draft at 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-07.

Thanks,

Eliot
_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:12:59 -0500

Hi,

--On December 1, 2009 2:21:03 PM +0100 Eliot Lear <[email-masked]> wrote:

> draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2447bis-07.txt, iMIP.  At this time I would ask you
> to please identify any outstanding issues you have with the draft, if you
> have not already done so.  I am in the process of checking all examples.
> You can find a copy of the draft at

My review:

- Abstract: change '(iCAL)' to '(iCalendar)'.

- Introduction: change 'over MIME as defined in' to 'over Internet email 
(using MIME) as defined in'.

- §2: The terminology for "originator" and "respondent" are a little 
messy. As per iTIP. "originator" is the person sending the message. That 
could be the ORGANIZER or ATTENDEE. iTIP does not have the concept of a 
"respondent", but rather uses "recipient" to refer to the use receiving the 
scheduling message (and that too could be either the ORGANIZER or an 
ATTENDEE). Since "respondent" is really only used in one place I suggest we 
remove it and replace it with "recipient" in §2.2.1. Then the following 
should be done:

-- §2, ¶2 & ¶3 change to:

    The sections below refer to the "originator" and the "recipient" of an
    iMIP message. In the case of a "request" method, the originator is the
    "Organizer" and the recipient is an "Attendee" of the event. In the
    case of a "response" method, the originator is an "Attendee" and the
    recipient is the "Organizer" of the event.

    The [RFC-5322] "Reply-To" header typically contains the email address
    of the originator of the scheduling message. However, this cannot be
    guaranteed as Mail User Agents (MUA) are not required to enforce iMIP
    semantics.

- §2, ¶3 - why is Reply-to even mentioned here? If it is mentioned, why 
is there no discussion on what goes in the From or To fields? I think this 
is something lacking in the spec. What is more there needs to be a clear 
statement that when a recipient replies to a scheduling message with 
another scheduling message (as opposed to a "regular" email message), they 
MUST use the addressing information in the iCalendar data and not that in 
the email headers (i.e. discard From:, Reply-To: etc).

- §2.2.1, ¶3: why is the reference to "[RFC-1847]" at the start?

- §2.3, ¶1: change 'the "ATTENDEE" property' to 'the "ORGANIZER" and 
"ATTENDEE" properties'

- §2.4 title: change 'Content Type' to 'Content-Type'.

- §2.4: this has terms like '"method" parameter' when referring to a MIME 
header parameter. But the main terminology section stated that iCalendar 
parameters would appear in lower case with the work "parameter" after them. 
So there is the potential for confusion here (we have the same issue with 
CalDAV and iCalendar and "property"). I suggest we change the document to 
use upper case for the iCalendar parameters, which matches how those are 
displayed in iCalendar and iTIP. Also, when talking about MIME parameters, 
we should explicitly state "MIME parameter" rather than just "parameter".

- §2.4, ¶10: missing reference '<<add ref>>'.

- §2.5 Example: change 'ACME' to 'example.com' - do that for all examples.

- §3, ¶1: comment left at the end of the paragraph needs to be addressed.

- §3, ¶4: change 'Section 3 of [iTIP]' to 'Section 1.4 of [iTIP]'.

- §4.3 title: 'Inline Attachment' is confusing as iCalendar refers to 
"inline attachments" as ones where the attachment data is directly in the 
iCalendar property. I suggest just removing 'and Inline Attachment' from 
the end of the title.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 12:12:59 -0500

Hi,

My review:

-- 
Cyrus Daboo