Subject: [calsify] availability question

From: Mike Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2011 10:17:09 -0400

What's the interaction of (v)availability with date-ranged queries?

Do we need a limit-availability-set? (probably overkill)

Does finding any (sub)component in a supplied date-range imply returning 
ALL of the available components?

In:

         BEGIN:VAVAILABILITY
         ORGANIZER:mailto:[email-masked]
         UID:[email-masked]
         DTSTAMP:20061005T133225Z
         DTSTART;TZID=America/Montreal:20061002T000000
         BEGIN:AVAILABLE
         UID:[email-masked]
         SUMMARY:Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 17:00
         DTSTART;TZID=America/Montreal:20061002T090000
         DTEND;TZID=America/Montreal:20061002T170000
         RRULE:FREQ=WEEKLY;BYDAY=MO,TU,WE,TH,FR
         END:AVAILABLE
         END:VAVAILABILITY

If we search for a date range that covers the weekend only the AVAILABLE 
doesn't cover it but the date range on the VAVAILABILITY does - though 
what does the DTSTART by itself mean?

For events

For cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component
       specifies a "DTSTART" property with a DATE value type but no
       "DTEND" nor "DURATION" property, the event's duration is taken to
       be one day.  For cases where a "VEVENT" calendar component
       specifies a "DTSTART" property with a DATE-TIME value type but no
       "DTEND" property, the event ends on the same calendar date and
       time of day specified by the "DTSTART" property.

Tasks and journals it doesn't say:

You seem to be defining DTSTART standing alone as meaning it starts on 
the given date(-time) and continues. Should we do that? I argued against 
doing that with some of the smart-grid components on the grounds of 
compatability with event usage

-- 

Mike Douglass                           [email-masked]
Senior Systems Programmer
Communication&  Collaboration Technologies      518 276 6780(voice) 2809
(fax)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180

_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify