Subject: [calsify] iCalendar-in-XMlL updated

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 10:15:20 -0400

Hi folks,
The iCalendar-in-XMl spec has been updated to account for comments during 
the last call which ended last week. Changes are noted in the spec at 
<http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-daboo-et-al-icalendar-in-xml-09.txt>.

In regard to vcard-in-XML: please look at Section 5 which is how we agreed 
to deal with unrecognized property/parameter default values. I believe 
similar text and new XML value element is required in the vCard-in-XML spec 
too.

One other thing, we ended up changing the date and time XML value formats 
to be more inline with the format used in XML schema: specifically adding 
"-" separators between the date components and ":" separators between the 
time components. This change was prompted by feedback from developers who 
wanted to be able to reuse xsd date/time types for validation and 
processing. This seemed like a reasonable request so we made the change. I 
would have thought a similar situation exists for vcard-in-XML so we may 
want to consider that.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 00:04:50 -0400

I have some questions, since I am not an XML expert in any way despite
writing at least one XML-to-iCalendar transform: 

A. Is 3.2 trying to say that the <components> element can contain another
<components> element?  Or is it merely trying to say that once component
such as <vtodo> can contain another component such as <vtimezone>?

B. Is the <geo> property compatible with other geo-type tagging such as
<geo:point> which I believe is from RDF? This comes from my belief that XML
is so flexible that we ought to be able to use any combination of namespaces
which provides a mapping to iCalendar.

C. I think I missed, somewhere, why property parameters were not mapped to
XML attributes? It seems a more direct mapping for example, to map 

PROPERTY-NAME;PARAMETER-NAME="param":value

to <property-name parameter-name="param">value</property-name>

rather than:
<property-name><parameters><parameter-name>value</parameter-name></property-
name>

D.  Do URIs always have to be surrounded by <uri></uri> pairs? As in C:  why
not <property-name type="uri"> ?

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Cyrus Daboo
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2011 10:15 AM
To: CardDAV
Cc: Calsify
Subject: [calsify] iCalendar-in-XMlL updated

Hi folks,

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

---

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 00:04:50 -0400

rather than:

Tim Hare

-----Original Message-----

Hi folks,

-- 
Cyrus Daboo