Subject: [calsify] draft-douglass-timezone-service-08

From: Julian Cable <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 15:09:47 +0000

Hi,

  I wanted to offer my support for this standard. I think it would be useful as an end user facing service as well as for distributing time zone updates. In the end user (e.g. Date calculations in browsers ) it would be useful to have a service on a different server from the web server so JSONP would be useful.

Julian

-----------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
If you have received it in
error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the
information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to
this.
-----------------------------

---

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 16:30:21 -0400

I need to read this again, probably, but on first reading my thought is that
instead of adding COLOR and anything else like it, we should instead have
style-by-reference:   perhaps VSTYLE with a URI value to reference a
standard stylesheet somehow?  My argument, in essence, is the one that has
followed markup for decades now - let's keep the presentation values
separated from the content, so that presentation can be changed without
content modification.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Julian Cable
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 11:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [calsify] draft-douglass-timezone-service-08

Hi,

  I wanted to offer my support for this standard. I think it would be useful
as an end user facing service as well as for distributing time zone updates.
In the end user (e.g. Date calculations in browsers ) it would be useful to
have a service on a different server from the web server so JSONP would be
useful.

Julian

-----------------------------
http://www.bbc.co.uk
This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and
may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless
specifically stated.
If you have received it in
error, please delete it from your system.
Do not use, copy or disclose the
information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender
immediately.
Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails
sent or received.
Further communication will signify your consent to
this.
-----------------------------
_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 21:10:04 -0400

Hi Tim,
Just to be clear I think your commentary relates to a different draft 
(draft-daboo-icalendar-extensions-07) than the one Julian was commenting 
on, and in the original subject line.

--On October 15, 2013 at 4:30:21 PM -0400 Tim Hare <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> I need to read this again, probably, but on first reading my thought is
> that instead of adding COLOR and anything else like it, we should instead
> have style-by-reference:   perhaps VSTYLE with a URI value to reference a

In any case, your comments about a style sheet is valid - however, I would 
counter that clients have had the chance to do that via CATEGORIES to tag 
an event and a local styling option. None have done that to date (well the 
few I have looked at), yet use of color and image is something they have 
done. So I would prefer to stick with COLOR and IMAGE options in that draft 
and maybe, if clients want, consider a "style sheet" option for a future 
extension.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo