Subject: [calsify] Proposal for new (SEQUENCE and DTSTAMP) ATTENDEE property parameters

From: Alfie John <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 14:06:52 +1200

Hi guys,

As the ATTENDEE property is already storing the attendee's participation
status via the PROPSTAT property parameter, I thought it would also make
sense to store the participation status' SEQUENCE and DTSTAMP here as
well. This makes sense (to me anyway) as RFC 5546 2.1.5 says:

  "Furthermore, for each "ATTENDEE" property of a component, "Organizer"
  CUAs will need to persist the "SEQUENCE" and "DTSTAMP" property values
  associated with the "Attendee's" last response, so that any earlier
  responses from an "Attendee" that are received out of order (e.g., due
  to a delay in the transport) can be correctly discarded."

e.g:
ATTENDEE;SEQUENCE=42;DTSTAMP=20140610T120600Z;PARTSTAT=ACCEPTED:mailto:[email-masked]

Thoughts?

Alfie

-- 
  Alfie John
  [email-masked]

---

From: Bernard Desruisseaux <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2014 10:06:53 -0400

Hi Alfie,

Prior to the redesign of CalDAV Scheduling (draft -05) two iCalendar 
property parameters had been proposed for this purpose.

See: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-desruisseaux-caldav-sched-04#section-7

In a context (e.g., CalDAV Schedule post drafit-05) where the processing 
of incoming scheduling messages is handled by a server (i.e., 
centralized) there is no need to expose that information to the clients 
in the calendar object resources.

In a context (e.g., iMIP) where the processing of incoming scheduling 
messages is handled by clients (perhaps multiple clients) there would be 
a need to have this information persisted in the calendar object resources.

Cheers,
Bernard