Subject: [calsify] PROPOSAL: TZID = Olson database Zone name

From: Alfie John <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:34:27 -0400

Hi everyone,

What are people's thoughts on defaulting the TZID property parameter for
Date-Time property value data types to Olson database Zone names for
future iCalendar-related RFCs?

As a quick example (although not backwards-compatible), if TZID is a
property parameter but does not have a corresponding VTIMEZONE calendar
component, use an Olson database entry. Otherwise, fall back to the
details defined in the VTIMEZONE calendar component.

Alfie

-- 
  Alfie John
  [email-masked]

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 19:50:59 -0400

Hi Alfie,

Are you proposing something like this: 
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-caldav-timezone-ref-01

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: Alfie John <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 20:00:38 -0400

Hey Ken :)

> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-daboo-caldav-timezone-ref-01

Almost, but not quite. That RFC talks about applying to CalDAV but not
for the actual payload e.g this RFC would have no affect on an iCalendar
object within email attachments (e.g. iMIP).

Alfie

-- 
  Alfie John
  [email-masked]