Subject: [calsify] Adrian Farrel's No Objection on charter-ietf-calext-00-02: (with COMMENT)

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 07:22:36 -0700

Adrian Farrel has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-calext-00-02: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-calext/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

No objection, but...

> out of scope for the working group:
>
> - Any change that significantly impacts backwards compatibility with
> existing deployed iCalendar/iTIP/CalDAV clients and servers.

I wonder whether what you consider as significant is the same as what I
would call significant.

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:25:14 -0400

> I wonder whether what you consider as significant is the same as what I

We want to be able to leave that to the judgment of the working group,
consulting with the AD.  It's meant to be relatively soft, while still
allowing the chairs to push back when they have to.

Barry

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:38:51 +0100

Perfect.

Suppose we say so?

Something like...

  - Any change that impacts backwards compatibility with existing
    deployed iCalendar/iTIP/CalDAV clients and servers will be discussed
    by the working group with a view to minimizing disruption to deployed
    implementations without compromising desirable new function.

Adrian

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Barry
> Leiba
> Sent: 19 August 2014 15:25
> To: Adrian Farrel
> Cc: The IESG; Cyrus Daboo; [email-masked]
> Subject: Re: Adrian Farrel's No Objection on charter-ietf-calext-00-02: (with
> COMMENT)
>

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:41:47 -0400

>     implementations without compromising desirable new function.

Cela me plaît beaucoups.  Cyrus?

Barry

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:42:48 -0400

Hi Barry,

> Cela me plaît beaucoups.  Cyrus?

Looks OK to me.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:46:52 -0400

>> Cela me plaît beaucoups.  Cyrus?

So let it be written; so let it be done!

b