Subject: [calsify] draft-ietf-calext-rscale-00.txt Document Shepherd review

From: Donald Eastlake <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 00:04:02 -0400

Hi,

I have done a document Shepherd review of
draft-ietf-calext-rscale-00.txt.  Here are a few comments on this
draft. Since I'm not that familiar with this area, please tell me if
some of these are off base.

Section 1: I found "... has never been formally used" to be a little
odd. Should it say "... has never been actually used"?  I'm not sure
what "formal use" means other than including it in the formal
syntax...

Section 2: First occurrence of "YYYYMMHH" should prsumably be
"YYYYMMDD".

Section 4.1: Would it be correct and worth while for clarity to say
that "0L" indicates a leap month before the first regular month?

First line of the last paragraph before the Section 7.1 heading: I
think it is 'an "RSCALE" ', as used elsewhere in the draft, not 'a
"RSCALE" '.

Section 9: Probably better to say the slightly more general "This
document requires no IANA actions."

Appendix A: I think it would be good if it was a little clearer just
which draft version the change sets refer to.

Thanks,
Donald
=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-333-2270 (cell)
 155 Beaver Street, Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]