Subject: [calsify] RSCALE + Julian Calendars

From: Marten Gajda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 16:44:09 +0200

Hi all,

I just noticed that 
http://www.unicode.org/repos/cldr/tags/latest/common/bcp47/calendar.xml 
doesn't seem to define a type for "Julian".
Should we trigger the registration process for the Julian calendar scale?
According to 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julian_calendar#Eastern_Orthodox_usage 
there are still a number of churches using Julian calendars.

cheers

Marten

-- 
Marten Gajda
Schandauer Straße 34
01309 Dresden
Germany

tel: +49 177 4427167
email: [email-masked]
twitter: twitter.com/dmfs_org

VAT Reg. No.: DE269072391

---

From: Gregory Yakushev <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2014 18:14:29 +0000

Its better to redirect this question to [email-masked], so Julian
gets added to CLDR and gets proper implementation in Unicode libraries
(ICU). CalExt WG charter specifically prevents us from developing
calendaring systems or calculations:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/wg/calext/charter/

Grisha

On Wed Oct 08 2014 at 4:44:25 PM Marten Gajda <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify
>