Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-rscale-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 07:21:16 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Non-Gregorian Recurrence Rules in iCalendar
        Authors         : Cyrus Daboo
                          Gregory Yakushev
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-rscale-03.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2015-01-07

Abstract:
   This document defines extensions to iCalendar (RFC 5545) to support
   use of non-Gregorian recurrence rules.  It also defines how CalDAV
   (RFC 4791) servers and clients can be extended to support these new
   recurrence rules.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-rscale/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-rscale-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-rscale-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:25:46 -0500

Hi folks,
A new version of the draft has been posted to address Donald's recent 
comments. It also clarifies the interaction with VTIMEZONE (following up on 
recent comments by Jonathan Lennox). The changes are to the Abstract and 
Section 1 only.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:41:43 -0500

On 01/07/2015 10:25 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> comments. It also clarifies the interaction with VTIMEZONE (following 
> up on recent comments by Jonathan Lennox). The changes are to the 
> Abstract and Section 1 only.
>

Hi Cyrus,

Was Updates: 4791, 5546 removed from the boilerplate intentionally, or 
was is an xml2rfc hiccup?

-- 
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer
Carnegie Mellon University

---

From: Cyrus Daboo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:47:47 -0500

Hi Ken,

> was is an xml2rfc hiccup?

Yes - after consultation with our AD (Barry Leiba) I decided that rscale 
does not "update" those two, but rather "extends" or "clarifies" its use 
with those specs. In the case of CalDAV it uses existing "extension" 
mechanisms (namely the presence of a new property). So I just left iCal, 
xCal and jCal in the "Updates" list since rscale does redefine the syntax 
elements in those specs in a manner that is outside of any normal extension 
mechanism that those specs provide.

-- 
Cyrus Daboo

---

From: Ken Murchison <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2015 10:50:07 -0500

On 01/07/2015 10:47 AM, Cyrus Daboo wrote:
> Yes - after consultation with our AD (Barry Leiba) I decided that 
> rscale does not "update" those two, but rather "extends" or 
> "clarifies" its use with those specs. In the case of CalDAV it uses 
> existing "extension" mechanisms (namely the presence of a new 
> property). So I just left iCal, xCal and jCal in the "Updates" list 
> since rscale does redefine the syntax elements in those specs in a 
> manner that is outside of any normal extension mechanism that those 
> specs provide.

Makes sense.  Thanks for the clarification.