Subject: [calsify] [Errata Verified] RFC5545 (4414)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2015 07:38:10 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC5545,
"Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5545&eid=4414

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Joseph Silvestre <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2015-07-10
Verified by: Barry Leiba (IESG)

Section: 3.3.10

Original Text
-------------
      The UNTIL rule part defines a DATE or DATE-TIME value that bounds
      the recurrence rule in an inclusive manner.  If the value
      specified by UNTIL is synchronized with the specified recurrence,
      this DATE or DATE-TIME becomes the last instance of the
      recurrence.  The value of the UNTIL rule part MUST have the same
      value type as the "DTSTART" property.  Furthermore, if the
      "DTSTART" property is specified as a date with local time, then
      the UNTIL rule part MUST also be specified as a date with local
      time.  If the "DTSTART" property is specified as a date with UTC
      time or a date with local time and time zone reference, then the
      UNTIL rule part MUST be specified as a date with UTC time.  In the
      case of the "STANDARD" and "DAYLIGHT" sub-components the UNTIL
      rule part MUST always be specified as a date with UTC time.  If
      specified as a DATE-TIME value, then it MUST be specified in a UTC
      time format.  If not present, and the COUNT rule part is also not
      present, the "RRULE" is considered to repeat forever.

Corrected Text
--------------
      The UNTIL rule part defines a DATE or DATE-TIME value that bounds
      the recurrence rule in an inclusive manner.  If the value
      specified by UNTIL is synchronized with the specified recurrence,
      this DATE or DATE-TIME becomes the last instance of the
      recurrence.  The value of the UNTIL rule part MUST have the same
      value type as the "DTSTART" property.  Furthermore, if the
      "DTSTART" property is specified as a date with local time, then
      the UNTIL rule part MUST also be specified as a date with local
      time.  If the "DTSTART" property is specified as a date with UTC
      time or a date with local time and time zone reference, then the
      UNTIL rule part MUST be specified as a date with UTC time.  In the
      case of the "STANDARD" and "DAYLIGHT" sub-components the UNTIL
      rule part MUST always be specified as a date with UTC time.
      If not present, and the COUNT rule part is also not
      present, the "RRULE" is considered to repeat forever.

Notes
-----
The following sentence from RFC 2445 should have been removed from the text.

      If
      specified as a DATE-TIME value, then it MUST be specified in a UTC
      time format.

--------------------------------------
RFC5545 (draft-ietf-calsify-rfc2445bis-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification (iCalendar)
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : B. Desruisseaux, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Calendaring and Scheduling Standards Simplification
Area                : Applications
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG