Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-extensions-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Oct 2015 11:41:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : New Properties for iCalendar
        Author          : Cyrus Daboo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-extensions-01.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2015-10-08

Abstract:
   This document defines a set of new properties for iCalendar data as
   well as extending the use of some existing properties to the entire
   iCalendar object.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-extensions/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-calext-extensions-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-extensions-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Tim Hare" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2015 01:09:08 -0400

This prompted me to go back and think about the COLOR: and IMAGE: properties
a bit more.  

Wouldn't it be better to have a STYLESHEET: property that could be assigned
to a calendar object, and to various components like VEVENT and VTODO?   It
would at least separate the presentation from the information.
My view would be that the value should be TYPE=URI, and that it point to a
CSS stylesheet,  with calendar objects and components somehow mapped to the
way CSS is identified for divs, tags, ids, etc.   This should let developers
leverage an awful lot of work that has been done in the CSS area.  It would
also allow for things other than color and image to be used, like font
choices or emphasis.   This would be a "natural" fit for xCal objects, too,
I think.

Tim Hare
Interested Bystander, Non-Inc.

-----Original Message-----
From: calsify [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 2:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-extensions-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of
the IETF.

Abstract:

_______________________________________________
calsify mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify