Subject: [calsify] RFC 7953 on Calendar Availability

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 14:38:28 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7953

        Title:      Calendar Availability 
        Author:     C. Daboo, M. Douglass
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      24
        Characters: 47971
        Updates:    RFC 4791, RFC 5545, RFC 6638

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-calext-availability-04.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7953

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7953

This document specifies a new iCalendar (RFC 5545) component that
allows the publication of available and unavailable time periods
associated with a calendar user.  This component can be used in
standard iCalendar free-busy lookups, including the iCalendar
Transport-independent Interoperability Protocol (iTIP; RFC 5546)
free-busy requests, to generate repeating blocks of available or busy
time with exceptions as needed.

This document also defines extensions to the Calendaring Extensions
to WebDAV (CalDAV) calendar access protocol (RFC 4791) and the
associated scheduling protocol (RFC 6638) to specify how this new
calendar component can be used when evaluating free-busy time.

This document is a product of the Calendaring Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC