Subject: [calsify] Feedback requested: draft-jenkins-jscalendar

From: Robert Stepanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2017 10:43:32 +0200

Hi,

over the last year we have been working on JSCalendar, a JSON-based
representation of calendar data as an alternative to iCalendar
(RFC5545).  We already got extensive feedback from the members of
CalConnect  and individual contributors and we'd very much like to get
the discussion started on our proposal at IETF.

There's an increasing amount of proprietary calendar data formats in the
industry, most of them JSON-based. We believe that a new standardised
calendar data representation that meets the requirements of these
applications would help to reduce interoperability issues while
overcoming iCalendar pitfalls and ambiguities.

The current draft version is located at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jenkins-jscalendar/

Do you have any feedback on this? What would make you use  the new
format, what is it currently missing?

Thanks for your thoughts,
Robert

P.S.: This message got cross-posted to the DISPATCH workgroup.