Subject: [calsify] JSCalendar draft version 4

From: Robert Stepanek <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2018 12:00:41 +0100

Hi all,

I have just posted version 4 of the JSCalendar RFC draft. This version
includes changes to  layout and wording as well as to the content of the
specification.
Notable changes are:

 * *Re-organise and rephrase sections 1-4*: the layout of these sections
   has been split into 5 sections. New section 2 introduces JSCalendar
   objects. The sections have been rephrased for clarity and
   consistency.
 * *htmlDescription*: the definition of this property now defines how to
   handle untrusted domains (section 4.2.3.[1]).
 * *htmlBody alerts*: the EmailAction alert definition now includes an
   additional property for HTML email bodies (section 4.5.2.[2]).
 * *URI Template in replyTo 'web'*: the definition of the replyTo 'web'
   method changes the property value from URI to a RFC 6570 level 1 URI
   Template (section 4.4.4.[3]).
 * *audioLinkId replaced with mediaLinkId*: the DisplayAction alert
   property 'audioLinkId' is replaced by the multi-valued 'mediaLinkIds'
   property to allow for rich-media alerts (section 4.5.2.[4]).
 * *byDate renamed to byMonthDay*: the Recurrence byDate property is
   renamed to byMonthDay for consistency with the RRULE definition
   (section 4.3.1.[5]).
 * *useDefaultAlerts for unknown defaults*: the definition now specifies
   how to handle alerts if no user-defaults are set or cannot be
   determined (section 4.5.1.[6]).
 * *White-list localized properties*: the original list of forbidden
   properties to localise has been changed to a white-list of properties
   that can be localised (section 4.6.1.[7]).
 * *Forbid location.timeZone for rel=start*: the specification forbids
   now to set the location.timeZone property for location with rel=start
   (section 4.2.4.[8]).
Planned for the next version:

 * *More examples!* I plan to add a bunch of illustrative examples for
   the major  (and probably some obscure) use-cases.
As always, Neil and I very much look forward to your feedback.

Cheers,
Robert

Links:

  1. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.2.3
  2. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.5.2
  3. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.4.4
  4. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.5.2
  5. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.3.1
  6. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.5.1
  7. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.6.1
  8. https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-jenkins-jscalendar-04#section-4.2.4