Subject: [calsify] JSTask and estimatedDuration --- well done!

From: Andri Möll <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 10:59:58 +0000

Just wanted to thank whoever brought estimatedDuration over VTODO's 
duration to the table! Ever since I learned VTODO's definition of 
DURATION (DTSTART+DURATION being merely an alternative to DTSTART+DUE), 
I wanted to suggest JSTask not take that path. I'm happy to see the 
task's start, due and duration properties are all independent.

Bothering to mention estimatedDuration SHOULD be less than due minus 
start is a tad peculiar though --- scheduling enough time for oneself is 
a human concern, after all. It'd be like the spec suggesting "completed" 
be set to a time before the due time for the person to not be 
reprimanded for going over their deadline. :)

Andri

---

From: Marten Gajda <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2018 13:22:57 +0200

Hi Andri,

estimatedDuration originally has been added in another extension to
VTODO: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-apthorp-ical-tasks-01#section-6.1

So you'll be able to use it in VTODO as well. However, at present it
looks as if the JSTask spec will be ratified before the VTODO Extensions.

Cheers,

Marten

Am 25.05.2018 um 12:59 schrieb Andri Möll:
> DURATION (DTSTART+DURATION being merely an alternative to
> DTSTART+DUE), I wanted to suggest JSTask not take that path. I'm happy
> to see the task's start, due and duration properties are all independent.
>
> start is a tad peculiar though --- scheduling enough time for oneself
> is a human concern, after all. It'd be like the spec suggesting
> "completed" be set to a time before the due time for the person to not
> be reprimanded for going over their deadline. :)
>
> Andri
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

-- 
Marten Gajda
CEO

dmfs GmbH
Schandauer Straße 34
01309 Dresden
GERMANY

phone: +49 177 4427167
email: [email-masked]

Managing Director: Marten Gajda
Registered address: Dresden
Registered No.: AG Dresden HRB 34881
VAT Reg. No.: DE303248743