Subject: [calsify] mapping iCalendar properties to CALDAV properties

From: Дилян Палаузов <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2018 16:48:20 +0000

Hello,

in iCalendar Core Specification (RFC 5546) the calprops has prodid,
version, calscale, method.

New Properties for iCalendar (RFC 7986) adds to calprops uid, color,
refresh, name, and others.

CalDAV (RFC 4791) defines for caldav collection the properties
CALDAV:calendar-description, CALDAV:calendar-timezone.

For a caldav collection with url https://example.int/url1 one can call
"GET /url1 HTTP/1.1" to retrieve the iCalendar object and pick from it
the DESCRIPTION, or query the same collection with webdav PROPFIND for
CALDAV:calendar-description.

Are CALDAV:calendar-descripion and iCalendar/calprops:DESCRIPTION
implicitly or explicitly the same?  Is the server supposed, upon change
of CALDAV:calendar-descripion  and subsequent GET
htts://example.int/url1 , to return the updated DESCRIPTION?

What about COLOR, REFRESH, NAME and so on, can these be altered via
CALDAV:calendar-color and CALDAV:calendar-referesh and DAV:display-name 
(or CALDAV:calendar-name)?

If not, how is a caldav client supposed to update the calprops-
properties returned in the iCalendar object upon GET /url1?

Regards
  Дилян