Subject: [calsify] Location for start/end. Eventpub and jscalendar

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2019 16:36:58 -0500

One of the topics that came up at the Zurich CalConnect meeting was the 
issue of specifying timezones.

The new jscalendar spec allows the flagging of a location with an 
indication that the location is the start/end location for the event.

As an outcome of the discussion I agreed to add such a flag to the 
eventpub extensions spec.

Looking at 5545 we already have the RELATED parameter defined for 
alarms. It seems that would be appropriate for this use.

In jscalendar it is defined as "rel". I'll post another comment/question 
on "related" on jscalendar alarms

Names aside, I think the usage is statement is missing something in  
jscalendar.

For eventpub  would describe the usage of RELATED on structured-location 
as something like:

RELATED=START the calendar object starts at this location

RELATED=END the calendar object ends at this location

If there is a RELATED=START but no RELATED=END then the event is assumed 
to start and end at the same location. (Obvious I guess but not stated 
in jscalendar?)