Subject: [calsify] Alissa Cooper's Discuss on draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2019 13:58:40 -0700

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-13: Discuss

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
DISCUSS:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 7.6:

" The format type and schema parameters can be specified on this
      property and are RECOMMENDED for text or inline binary encoded
      content information."

Doesn't this need to be REQUIRED rather than RECOMMENDED in order for it to
improve rather than potentially worsen interoperability?

Section 8.1:

"User agents MUST NOT include this information
      without informing the participant."

This seems like it needs to say "without the participant's express permission."
(As in https://www.w3.org/TR/geolocation-API).

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Please respond to the Gen-ART review.

The abstract should mention the update to RFC 7986 and the introduction should
explain what is updated.

Section 11:

"This specification does not
   introduce any additional privacy concerns beyond those described in
   [RFC5545]."

This seems untrue given the sentence that follows it, so this should be deleted.