Subject: [calsify] Éric Vyncke's No Objection on draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Éric Vyncke via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2019 23:52:59 -0700

Éric Vyncke has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the work everyone has put into this document. I liked the section
3.1 'use cases' providing insights on the goal, same for the section about
extended examples.

I only have one comment and a couple of nits.

== COMMENT ==

-- Section 4 --

If this syntax replaces completely or partly the one of RFC 5545, then it
should be clear in the text (and I have seen that other iCal RFC use the same
introduction). What about the other RFC that also update RFC 5545? Is their
syntax also impacted?

== NITS ==

-- Section 1  --

Please introduce VCARD before using the word, other words in this section are
obvious to the reader.

-- Section 2 --

Missing a '.' at the end of first paragraph.

-- Section 5.4 --

Please use https://example.org rather than https://schema.org or is it a
reference, existing URI ?

-- Section 13 --

Last sentence ends with a ','

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2019 12:11:40 -0400

Thanks for the comments.

I'll try to get an update version uploaded in the next few days.

I'm at an ISO meeting in Toronto until Thursday night

---

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2019 22:55:44 -0400

Thanks Éric

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions/
Added a reference
> Missing a '.' at the end of first paragraph.
Fixed
> reference, existing URI ?
It's a specific (realistic) example of expected use. Is it OK as is?
> Last sentence ends with a ','
Fixed
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 22:47:36 -0700

> It's a specific (realistic) example of expected use. Is it OK as is?

It's not very realistic IMO if the inline value used doesn't conform to the
indicated schema (after base64 decoding).

-Ben