Subject: Re: [calsify] Benjamin Kaduk's Discuss on draft-ietf-calext-eventpub-extensions-13: (with DISCUSS and COMMENT)

From: Michael Douglass <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2019 23:11:01 -0400

On 5/28/19 20:08, Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker wrote:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> DISCUSS:
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> I want to talk some about the redefinition of SOURCE.  While I agree
> that the original definition's applicability is more narrow than it
> needs to be, that doesn't seem to be enough to convince me that there's
> enough justification to make it so broad as to provide vcard information
> about a participant or an event link-back, as opposed to just the
> canonical source of updates for a given object/component.  I must
> apologize for having essentially not done a search of the WG discussion
> archives for this topic, and pointers into the archive could help to
> convince me that this redefinition is a stable, interoperable, and
> backwards-compatible choice.
On this particular issue I've come round to agreeing with the points 
made here and in other messages. As an alternative i was considering 
suggesting dropping the VALUE=TEXT. Having a vcard inline can always be 
handled with a data uri.

However, it seems to me that I can come closer to the intent by using 
the STRUCTURED-DATA property - it is intended to provide supporting data 
and of course there's no backwards compatibility issues.

Does this seem an appropriate way forward?

---

From: Benjamin Kaduk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 11:43:19 -0500

> Does this seem an appropriate way forward?

It seems appropriate to me (with the caveat that I am not a domain expert
here).

Thanks,

Ben