Subject: [Cellar] Join us for our Pre-IETF Berlin Symposium!

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 12:50:14 -0400

Hi everyone!

As maybe mentioned on the list before, MediaArea is holding a symposium to
be held in the days preceding IETF (with some overlap), dedicated to FFV1
and Matroska specifications and our IETF work. We hope to bring together
archivists who use this standards and designers/developers of the standards.

Here is the announcement (with registration link):
https://mediaarea.net/MediaConch/notimetowait.html

Much more to come in the following weeks!

My best,

Ashley Blewer

---

From: "Ben Campbell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 12:03:21 -0500

Hi,

The IETF meeting is July 17-22. The dates listed at the link seem to 
entirely overlap. Are they correct?

Thanks,

Ben.	

On 25 May 2016, at 11:50, Ashley Blewer wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 13:07:28 -0400

Hi Ben,

Yep, that's right. We wanted to schedule it at the beginning portion of the
conference -- perhaps "pre" is being a bit misused as a prefix in this
context. If you are planning on attending IETF fully, do know that there
will be a conflict. Our target demographic will be people that are either
only or primarily attending IETF for the CELLAR working group, as well as
people who are nearby but do not have plans to attend IETF at all (but have
an interest in participating remotely or interest in these formats).

Ashley