Subject: [Cellar] MatroskaOrg on Github Pages

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 21:55:02 -0400

Hi all,

I opened up three pull requests on the matroska-specification
<https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification> github site.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/4 Adds the
Order Guidelines page, which seeks to resolve Dave Rice's open issue.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/5 -- modified
the config so links would not be broken. The base url is based on the repo
name, which changed when moving to Matroska-Org.

https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/6 -- converts a
few more pages to Markdown. Specifically, Diagram, Specification Notes, and
Tagging.

Please review (and/or contribute with me)! I also plan to revisit the
Markdown > RFC issue this week so we can make more progress there.

My best,
Ashley Blewer

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:11:58 +0200

2016-05-18 3:55 GMT+02:00 Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>:
> Hi all,
>
> I opened up three pull requests on the matroska-specification github site.
>
> https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/pull/4 Adds the Order
> Guidelines page, which seeks to resolve Dave Rice's open issue.

Github comments:
Do we want to reference actual softwares like mkvpropedit ?

The second meta seek should be discouraged IMO. There's no need to
keep a reference of all Clusters, the Cues have that. And if you can
edit backward to set the position of the second meta seek, you can
surely have a
placeholder for the Cues in there.

CRC: Should say that it must be even before the Cluster Timecode.

> name, which changed when moving to Matroska-Org.

Merged.

> few more pages to Markdown. Specifically, Diagram, Specification Notes, and

Too large to comment possible issues infinitely. We will update/fix
with pull requests. So I merged it.

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar
>

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 09:29:07 -0400

Thanks Steve! I meant for these just to be about moving and converting the
content so we can get to work on improvements. I can move them over in a
different way if you'd prefer, or open one PR for each page.

Ashley

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 2:11 AM, Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Order

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 22:44:08 -0400

Hello!

I added a few more pages and submitted pull requests for each (except the
audio and video examples of tagging, which are lumped together as one).

I spent some time trying to work out the aforementioned i-d template
<https://github.com/martinthomson/i-d-template>, the kramdown rfc gem, and
pandoc2rfc <https://github.com/miekg/pandoc2rfc/> / mmark
<https://github.com/miekg/mmark> but didn't have any initial luck with any
of them. Although my experience with writing RFCs for IETF is zero, so that
may be why I didn't make any progress. I didn't really crack open any of
these to investigate the underlying parts that might be useful to build an
RFC Makefile!

Ashley