Subject: [Cellar] Call for consensus to add a milestone for EBML

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 May 2016 15:48:24 -0700

In order to adopt the (hopefully forthcoming) EBML Internet-Draft as a 
working-group item, we need to add a milestone, which requires Area 
Director review. As such, I'd like to establish working-group consensus 
for whether or not we should add the following milestone:

"Submit informational specification for EBML version 1 to IESG for 
publication"

This will be a one-week call for consensus. Please respond to this 
message on or before 16 May if you support or oppose adding this milestone.

-Timothy B. Terriberry, for the chairs.

---

From: Dave Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 23:24:01 -0400

I support adding the milestone (and proposed it). The work on Matroska happened to start on its structural foundation which is EBML. Much of the logic of the current matroska specification on matroska.org is now documented in the underlying format EBML. I think the specification work on EBML makes Matroska’s specification work quite easier.
+1
Dave Rice

> On May 9, 2016, at 6:48 PM, Timothy B. Terriberry <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> In order to adopt the (hopefully forthcoming) EBML Internet-Draft as a working-group item, we need to add a milestone, which requires Area Director review. As such, I'd like to establish working-group consensus for whether or not we should add the following milestone:
> 
> "Submit informational specification for EBML version 1 to IESG for publication"
> 
> This will be a one-week call for consensus. Please respond to this message on or before 16 May if you support or oppose adding this milestone.
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 10:02:51 -0700

> message on or before 16 May if you support or oppose adding this milestone.

I was hoping we could have a consensus call that was shorter than the 
usual 2 weeks, but given that I've only seen one response, and it was 
from the person proposing the milestone, I'd like to extend this another 
week. Hopefully we'll get enough input to be able to declare consensus.

Please send a message to the list indicating whether or not you support 
adding this milestone on or before May 23rd.

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 13:05:53 -0400

I support this milestone as well!

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 1:02 PM, Timothy B. Terriberry <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> usual 2 weeks, but given that I've only seen one response, and it was from
> the person proposing the milestone, I'd like to extend this another week.
> Hopefully we'll get enough input to be able to declare consensus.
>

---

From: Jerome Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 19:09:37 +0200

I support this milestone.

Le 17/05/2016 à 19:02, Timothy B. Terriberry a écrit :
> from the person proposing the milestone, I'd like to extend this 
> another week. Hopefully we'll get enough input to be able to declare 
> consensus.
>
> Please send a message to the list indicating whether or not you 
> support adding this milestone on or before May 23rd.
>

---

From: Moritz Bunkus <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 19:17:09 +0200

Hey,

I'm in favor, too.

Kind regards,
mosu

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 08:35:26 +0200

Sorry for not answering earlier.
I support this milestone too.

2016-05-17 19:02 GMT+02:00 Timothy B. Terriberry <[email-masked]>:
> I was hoping we could have a consensus call that was shorter than the usual
> 2 weeks, but given that I've only seen one response, and it was from the
> person proposing the milestone, I'd like to extend this another week.

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman

---

From: Mark Harris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 May 2016 23:37:44 -0700

> adding this milestone on or before May 23rd.

I support the addition of the EBML milestone.

 - Mark

---

From: Michael Niedermayer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2016 12:36:12 +0200

On Tue, May 17, 2016 at 10:02:51AM -0700, Timothy B. Terriberry wrote:
> I was hoping we could have a consensus call that was shorter than
> the usual 2 weeks, but given that I've only seen one response, and
> it was from the person proposing the milestone, I'd like to extend
> this another week. Hopefully we'll get enough input to be able to
> declare consensus.
> 

[...]

-- 
Michael     GnuPG fingerprint: 9FF2128B147EF6730BADF133611EC787040B0FAB

Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated
form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. -- Plato

---

From: "Timothy B. Terriberry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 14:59:21 -0700

> adding this milestone on or before May 23rd.

Okay, I think we have consensus to add the milestone. After some 
discussion with our Area Director (Ben Campbell) and the authors, we 
decided it was more appropriate for this document to be Standards Track 
than Informational, so I've gone ahead and made that change in the 
milestone I submitted for IESG review.