Subject: [Cellar] Invalid link in ffv1.html specs

From: "Peter B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 15:24:54 +0200

The CELLAR page lists FFV1 specification link as:
https://mediaarea.net/temp/ffv1.html

In there, it says:

"The latest version of this document is available at
https://raw.github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/master/ffv1.lyx"

But the LYX link says "Not found" :(

Regards,
Pb

PS: Wasn't there a discussion a while ago about using something else
than lyx?

---

From: Luca Barbato <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 15:27:49 +0200

> PS: Wasn't there a discussion a while ago about using something else

It moved to markdown since long ago:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/master/ffv1.md

lu

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:32:06 -0400

nice catch, Peter.

We fully converted FFV1 to Markdown:
https://github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/blob/master/ffv1.md

I don't know when the legacy LYX was removed from Github though (without
digging into source code history).

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 9:24 AM, Peter B. <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar
>

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:32:46 -0400

The FFV1 spec, I should clarify. ;)

---

From: "Peter B." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2016 15:38:48 +0200

> digging into source code history).

@Luca, Ashley:

Thanks! So I did remember correctly ;)

So the link in the mediaarea.net specs should be updated to point to the
actual latest version (in Markdown)?

Kind regards,
Pb

---

From: Ashley Blewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:43:54 -0400

Yes. Or now that the FFV1-spec-to-Markdown conversion is solid, CELLAR
should probably link directly to the Github page.

The HTML hosted on MediaArea is, I presume?, an earlier rendering of the
Markdown from the Makefile. The Markdown now directs to
https://raw.github.com/FFmpeg/FFV1/master/ffv1.md.

Ashley

---

From: Dave Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 09:44:14 -0400

> On Jun 8, 2016, at 9:38 AM, Peter B. <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 

The link to the mediaarea.net page should be removed. It was set up while we were working on the makefile. At this point the ffv1.md file is "the latest version" of itself so it should refer to a static abandoned page on mediaarea.net.
Dave Rice

---

From: Jerome Martinez <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 16:39:26 +0200

> actual latest version (in Markdown)?

the link was a temporary (check the directory in the link ;-) ) copy of 
the HTML output and should not be used in official publications, we 
forgot to change that.