Subject: [Cellar] Wording and question regarding matroska-specification/cover_art.md

From: "Sebastian G. <bastik>" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2016 18:10:53 +0200

In matroska-specification/cover_art.md [0] the first line mentions audio
files only. Shouldn't it be changed to 'multimedia files' or something
else that reflects that this applies to audio and video content.

I am aware that 'multimedia' would include pictures, but I don't assume
it would lead to any confusion.

On the other hand mentioning audio and video files explicitly would even
rule out the possibility of confusion.

In line 13 it says that the filenames are case-sensitive and should be
lower case. Is there a specific reason to have this limitation? I
suspect that it exists as 'lowest common denominator' to have the cover
art system work on the oddest of systems.

Best regards,
Sebastian

[0]
https://github.com/Matroska-Org/matroska-specification/blob/gh-pages/cover_art.md

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 08:08:29 +0200

> else that reflects that this applies to audio and video content.

True, although later in the text it says "cover for a movie/album"

> art system work on the oddest of systems.

The reason is simply to be able to look quickly in the attachments the
ones that are using the special names. So such names can be hard
coded. The search process is probably using more resources than doing
a case sensitive string comparison though.

> _______________________________________________
> Cellar mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/cellar

-- 
Steve Lhomme
Matroska association Chairman

---

From: Steve Lhomme <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 08:10:14 +0200

>> it would lead to any confusion.

I fixed it and used the word "multimedia". Thanks.