Subject: [codesprints] Setting codesprint goals for IETF79

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 16:01:54 -0500

We have several things to accomplish during the upcoming codesprint.

There are two new tools that should be ready for additional testing
and polish - the liaison management tool and the ID submissions tool.

We have a growing list of small things to work on that would have
high impact for the people that have requested them. The full list is
at <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/EnhancementIdeas>.
Here are a few examples that look addressable at the codesprint. (This
is not at all comprehensive:)

  * Periodically email the list of addresses on any given tools alias (like
    rai-ads@ or draft-foo-bar@) to that alias to improve the chances that lists
    that are wrong get corrected.

  * Add a new tab for IPR disclosures (probably showing how many there are in
    the tab title: e.g. "IPR disclosures (2)").

  * Make it possible for an IESG member to add a comment (for the document
    history) in the "change document state" dialog.

  * Show the date of last change to the various writeups on the page displayed
    on the IESG writeups tab. 

  * The Atom feed should include everything in the history tab, not just the
    document_comments table. 

  * Allowing search by position: "any AD/AD name" has position
    "any/Yes/NoObj/Discuss/..."

  * Show "has IPR disclosures" flag in search result list. 

There are a few medium sized projects out there that I think could be done
during the sprint, but would have a higher chance of success with a little
bit of exploration/analysis before we get there. Please look through the list
and see if there's something there that would solve a problem you are having.

If you know of something that the sprinters should be working on, but don't see it
on the EnhancementIdeas list, please add it, or send me a quick note and I'll make
sure it gets there.

Remember that you can download a current snapshot of the database at any time.
Now might be a good time to bring your local development environment back into
action. If you're new to the sprint or haven't set up a local environment before,
these links will help:
  <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/SprintCoderSetup>
  <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/SprintDatabase>

If you're able to sprint, but haven't signed up yet, please do so now
at <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/tools/ietfdb/wiki/IETF79SprintSignUp>