Subject: [conex] call for agenda items

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jul 2010 09:14:57 +0200

Hi,

CONEX WG will be meeting in the next ietf. If you want a slot please let 
us know.

Regards, marcelo

---

From: Mirja Kühlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 11:27:47 +0200

Hi,

I gone publish a paper about some investigations on the re-ECN Protocol:

Mirja Kühlewind, Michael Scharf: "Implementation and Performance Evaluation of 
the re-ECN Protocol," In: Proc 3rd Workshop on Economic Traffic Management 
(ETM'10), Amsterdam (to appear September 2010)

I would like to present some of the results mainly related to ECN and Slow 
Start effects. This goes in-line with the motivation for ConEx to enable  
a more scalable congestion controls as previously explained by Bob.
I figured out that a huge amount of congestion/ECN marks is caused by Slow 
Start overshoot. Whereelse with ECN-only, the total amount of markings is not 
that crucial (as the CWND is halved not more than once per RTT), this is 
especially relevant for conex-based congestion management where very single 
mark counts. Moreover, flows, that send just enough data to excess the 
Slow-Start overshoot, get a larger amount of marks and thus are somehow 
discriminated. I would be happy to explain this further when showing the 
related diagrams.

Title: ECN and TCP Slow Start - A motivation for a more scalable congestion 
control
Presenter: Mirja Kuehlewind
Requested time: 10 mins.

Mirja

On Monday 05 July 2010 09:14:57 marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> conex mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/conex