Subject: [conex] Agenda requests for IETF 79 meeting

From: marcelo bagnulo braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:42:03 +0200

If you want a slot, please let us know.

Regards, marcelo

---

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:48:50 +0100

Marcelo,

Two requests for ConEx agenda slots below:

1/
Title: ConEx Concepts and Abstract Mechanism
Background I-D: draft-mathis-conex-abstract-mech-00
Presenter: Bob Briscoe (co-author for Matt Mathis who won't be in Beijing)
Duration: 10mins should be enough, but longer if you want debate.

2/
Title: Auditing ConEx signals: Handling inherent feedback delay.
Background I-D: <draft-mathis-conex-abstract-mech-00>

This talk accompanies #1, but goes deeper into one aspect that the 
w-g needs to debate and reach consensus on: how to allow for the min 
1RTT delay between an actual congestion signal and a ConEx re-echo of 
that signal. Specifically for the function checking for cheating (we 
decided to call this the audit function). The talk will argue that 
the transport, not the network, should be responsible for allowing 
for this delay, which justifies an additional Credit codepoint (aka 
Green) in the wire protocol.

Presenter: Bob Briscoe
Duration: pref. 20mins if room

Although there is a little text on this in our abstract-mech draft, 
the intention is to go beyond that with a more detailed presentation 
that draws on experiments we have done in BT on a proposed auditing 
implementation.

Cheers

Bob

At 17:42 17/10/2010, marcelo bagnulo braun wrote:

>_______________________________________________
>conex mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/conex

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                BT Innovate & Design

---

From: "Toby Moncaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:03:24 +0100

Hi Marcelo,

We're going to be releasing a new version of our draft before the cutr-off
next Monday. So can we request a slot to present:

draft-moncaster-conex-concepts-uses 
15 min slot
Rich Woundy as presenter.

Toby

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
> Of marcelo bagnulo braun
> Sent: 17 October 2010 17:42
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [conex] Agenda requests for IETF 79 meeting
>