Subject: [conex] draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-01

From: "Toby Moncaster" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 21:27:41 -0000

Hi All,

I have just posted the latest version of the use cases document. Most of the
editing/authoring energy this cycle has gone on the new section on measuring
congestion over longer timescales. Consequently we haven't managed to do the
alignment of terminology between this draft and the abstract mechanism.

<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-01>

Diffs are at:

<www.moncaster.com/conex/diff-ietf-conex-concepts-uses-00-01.html>

The key section needing review is the new one on timescales. This is quite
an extensive addition to the draft and adds some new concepts. It is likely
that the section will become more streamlined once it has had a full round
of comments/editing and the authors would welcome any feedback...

We also received some feedback that the use case on differential QoS was
potentially confusing. I hope to work on this before the next revision as I
can see that this might be a hard idea to grasp (not least since it runs
counter to the idea that QoS comes from the network).

Toby