Subject: [conex] Fwd: [tcpm] WGLC for draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs

From: Bob Briscoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:59:25 +0100

ConEx list,

I'm forwarding this because it is v relevant to the mods to TCP that 
are needed for ConEx: 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-conex-tcp-modifications-05>

ConEx is intended to eventually work with most transports. 
Nonetheless, the ConEx WG is chartered to ensure it works with TCP 
first. For the sender to reinsert drop feedback, SACK feedback is 
sufficient. But to reinsert ECN feedback, the current ECN feedback in 
TCP can give no mode than one signal per RTT, no matter how many ECN 
marks arrive at the receiver.

The TCPM WG chartered work on a requirements spec to solve this 
problem of inaccurate ECN feedback. It has now reached WG last call - 
see below.

Bob

>From: Pasi Sarolahti <[email-masked]>
>Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2014 14:52:20 +0300
>To: "[email-masked] ([email-masked])" <[email-masked]>
>Archived-At: 
>http://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/tcpm/AkFKcsjitygiSkeBpRFJIiJhe7g
>Subject: [tcpm] WGLC for draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs
>List-Id: TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group <tcpm.ietf.org>
>List-Unsubscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/options/tcpm>,
>  <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=unsubscribe>
>List-Archive: <http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tcpm/>
>List-Post: <mailto:[email-masked]>
>List-Help: <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=help>
>List-Subscribe: <https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm>,
>  <mailto:[email-masked]?subject=subscribe>
>Sender: tcpm <[email-masked]>
>
>Hi,
>
>This Email starts the working group last call for 
>draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs-06 ("Problem Statement and Requirements 
>for a More Accurate ECN Feedback"), to be submitted as Informational 
>RFC. The WGLC ends on Monday, July 21st (which is the scheduled date 
>for the TCPM meeting in Toronto). Please send any comments to the 
>TCPM mailing list by then. Statements supporting publication of the 
>current version are also welcome.
>
>Datatracker link to the document is 
>https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-accecn-reqs/
>
>- Pasi, on behalf of the TCPM chairs
>
>_______________________________________________
>tcpm mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

________________________________________________________________
Bob Briscoe,                                                  BT