Subject: [conex] Comments on draft-ietf-conex-mobile-03

From: Nandita Dukkipati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 07:28:35 -0700

(as individual contributor).

Still reading, but wanted to pass on comments on early part of the draft.

Introduction

* The second para describing measurements in cellular networks: is
there a reference to the data?

Section 2.1 ConEx as a basis for Traffic Management

* The second para goes into great details on QoS requirements in EPS,
radio bearers etc... but you lost me: what is the point you want to
make?

* On reading further into Section 2.1, I am just not getting the high
order point you want to make here. The text switches back and forth
between explaining the current state in mobile networks (DPI etc.),
and that ConEx can be useful.

Instead, I suggest the following: separate out the two. First clearly
explain the traffic management problem in cellular networks. Then go
on with the specifics on how ConEx can be used to address the problems
laid out.

I think the above split will save the readers a lot of time in trying
to parse through Sec. 2.1

Further, the usefulness of ConEx is referred to in very high level
terms with little details. Going a step further and specifying some
level of detail as to how ConEx might exactly work in mobile will be
useful.

Nandita

---

From: Nandita Dukkipati <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 16:05:18 -0400

Continuing with some more comments...

Section 2 is ConEx use cases in Mobile Communication Networks, while
Section 3 is ConEx in EPS. Isn't ConEx in EPS also a part of the
mobile communication networks?
I am not getting it: what did you intend to be the key difference
between Sections 2 and 3.

As such my comment for Section 3 is same as below for Section 2:
explain the problem, and then lay out the ConEx based
solution/architecture.

Nandita