Subject: [conex] RFC 7778 on Mobile Communication Congestion Exposure Scenario

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 16:06:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7778

        Title:      Mobile Communication Congestion Exposure Scenario 
        Author:     D. Kutscher, F. Mir,
                    R. Winter, S. Krishnan,
                    Y. Zhang, CJ. Bernardos
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 56883
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-conex-mobile-06.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7778

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7778

This memo describes a mobile communications use case for congestion
exposure (ConEx) with a particular focus on those mobile
communication networks that are architecturally similar to the 3GPP
Evolved Packet System (EPS).  This memo provides a brief overview of
the architecture of these networks (both access and core networks)
and current QoS mechanisms and then discusses how congestion exposure
concepts could be applied.  Based on this discussion, this memo
suggests a set of requirements for ConEx mechanisms that particularly
apply to these mobile networks.

This document is a product of the Congestion Exposure Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC