Subject: [core] Query on draft-struek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 09:33:19 +0800

Hi, 

The requirements draft (draft-struek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00) pertaining
to smart energy related requirements in HAN is a useful piece of
information.

It is stated in section 2.2, application protocol requirements for SE
device to SE device communication.  However, in the draft there is no
use case explained as to why such smart energy related communication
takes place between devices in the HAN.  What is this SE device? My
understanding is that they are home appliances. My assumption is that SE
devices are the nodes in 6LowPAN and not the routers (forwarders) nor
the edge router which defines the border of the 6LowPAN.  Is the smart
meter also considered as the SE device?

Section 1(introduction) outlines general benefits of the smart energy
communication and the communication end points looks like utilities and
consumers/equipment(appliances).  However, although SE to SE
communication requirements are mentioned in section 2 there is no
explanation given
as to the validity of the use case pertaining to smart energy
management.

Also it is mentioned SE device to server communication.
What is this server? Is it the edge router whuch acts as a sink or the
server in utlility?

If someone could shed more light on this it is useful.

BR,
Mohana

---

From: "Don Sturek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2010 20:12:14 -0700

Hi Mohana,

You should read the use cases for Smart Grid HAN deployments.  Specifically,
the ZigBee/HomePlug Market Requirements Document Use Cases will explain what
the communication exchange scenarios are.

Don

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mohana Jeyatharan
Sent: Sunday, May 09, 2010 6:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [core] Query on draft-struek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00

Hi, 

BR,
Mohana
_______________________________________________
core mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

---

From: "Mohana Jeyatharan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 11:45:26 +0800

Hi Don,

Thank you for your response.  Will check the market requirement document
for the communication scenarios.

BR,
Mohana

> From: Don Sturek [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, May 10, 2010 11:12 AM
> To: Mohana Jeyatharan; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [core] Query on draft-struek-6lowapp-smartenergy-00
> 
> Hi Mohana,
> 
> the ZigBee/HomePlug Market Requirements Document Use Cases will
explain
> what