Subject: [core] #13: Need to define charset parameters for some MIME types

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2010 09:32:08 -0000

#13: Need to define charset parameters for some MIME types
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…              |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  coap                |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:            
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 E.g., for text/plain, it is not clear which charset is in use.
 It is probably wise to include the value in the subtype definition in
 clause 11.2. (and split the subtype up if we indeed foresee more than one
 charset for one subtype).
 (Likely charsets include ASCII and UTF-8.  We may want to use the fact
 that the latter includes the former and just settle on UTF-8.)

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/13>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:28:51 -0000

#13: Need to define charset parameters for some MIME types
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…              |        Owner:        
     Type:  defect              |       Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor               |    Milestone:        
Component:  coap                |      Version:  1.0   
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |   Resolution:  fixed 
 Keywords:                      |  
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
Changes (by zach@…):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => fixed

Comment:

 - Added UTF-8 clarification for MIME types in the text/ class.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/13#comment:2>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>