Subject: [core] #16: Link Format (section 6.1) needs media type (mime-type)

From: "core issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:55:18 -0000

#16: Link Format (section 6.1) needs media type (mime-type)
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cabo@…              |       Owner:            
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new       
 Priority:  minor               |   Milestone:  milestone1
Component:  coap                |     Version:  1.0       
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:            
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 We need to define (and register) the media types (mime types) of any new
 resource representation format we create for CoAP.  This includes the
 format defined in 6.1.

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/core/trac/ticket/16>
core <http://tools.ietf.org/core/>

---

From: Zach Shelby <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 18:00:54 +0300

The intention of Section 6.1 was not to create a "new" resource format, but to re-use the format defined in draft-nottingham-http-link-header. That document (if I remember right) doesn't however define a MIME type for the format as it is usually carried in an HTTP option. I was thinking we just carry this as text/plain, but I guess it doesn't hurt to request a proper type for it. So I support this ticket - but hope we are not defining any new resource representation formats here ;-)

Zach

On Jun 23, 2010, at 2:55 PM, core issue tracker wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> core mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/core

-- 
Zach Shelby, Chief Nerd, Sensinode Ltd.
http://zachshelby.org  - My blog "On the Internet of Things"
http://6lowpan.net - My book "6LoWPAN: The Wireless Embedded Internet"
Mobile: +358 40 7796297