Subject: [core] How to handle drafts that change too often (coap-misc-04)

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 23:55:29 +0200

We decided to use coap-misc as a working document for some of the small
changes that are needed on the way from CoAP-00 to CoAP-01.  As that
work progresses quickly, the document also changes often.

tools.ietf.org to the rescue:

          http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-coap-misc

At the tools page for a draft, you find links to get various previous
versions of the document, as well as links to diffs in various forms.
I particularly like the diff2 form to get a quick impression of what
has changed in a document.

Unfortunately, the tools files are only updated once an hour, but if
you don't have a toolkit of diff tools at your disposal, this hour is well
worth the wait.

So, please do return to the linked page in about an hour -- -04 will be
waiting...

I mainly moved stuff that is now historic to an appendix, moved things
where we still have ongoing discussion to another appendix, and added
some discussion of error handling.

Gruesse, Carsten