Subject: [core] python coap implementation available

From: Peter Bigot <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 15:29:35 -0500

I've made a Python CoAP implementation available at
http://coapy.sourceforge.net.  That site contains mostly
automatically-generated API documentation; the initial release version 0.0.2
can be downloaded from the project page at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/coapy; or you can just clone the git
repository with:

  git clone git://coapy.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/coapy/coapy

All the standard options plus block are implemented.  Retransmission seems
to work.  No multicast support until my endpoint questions get resolved.
It's enough to interact with the test server (retrieve all the non-secret
resources, store something in the sink) and there's a demonstration server
you can run that isn't too horrible to extend.  See the examples
subdirectory.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to open up my firewalls enough to run this
during the plugfest, but if there's interest I'll try.  In any case, feel
free to download it and play with it locally.

Please send any problems or questions to me directly rather than bother
everybody on this list.  Or, better, raise them on the Open Discussion forum
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/coapy/forums/forum/1177943>on the
SourceForge page.

Peter